Saturday, August 17, 2024

Very early Saturday

 I spent most of yesterday mad at Ron for being so insecure.  He just had to tear me down anytime someone said I looked good, had lost weight, etc.  It is horrible.  

And there I am in Cosmetics yesterday looking at lipstick and I can't remember the last time I bought lipstick.  2003 I think, for my wedding?  And then the makeup bag got packed in the car and driven to the venue when I was in the shower and they had to use my great-aunt's stuff to make me up.  

I was professionally made up in the mid 2000's as a publicity thing for the Blood Center as Ron was a recipient and I was a donor.  They liked what I wrote about giving back and how someone gave me more time with my husband, so they had us come downtown for a photo shoot and I assume used the stills for publicity.  I never saw them though but they did send me the best shots.  

Ron was conflicted.  On the one hand he didn't want me getting attention but on the other he wanted to be on a billboard or whatever.  So I was pretty awkward picking this up so it took them a while to get a good shot.  


They didn't like the glasses.  My parents loved the photo but I didn't feel it really looked like me.  Interesting note they put makeup on me (she was a professional) but they didn't on Ron, I think they wanted his scars visible.  

But I am very happy with both lipsticks,  The red is more of a matte and the purple is a glossy one.  I like them both.  

I don't think I'm going to wear any other makeup at least the way my life is right now spending time outside in the summer.  

No comments: