Wednesday, July 31, 2024

I like to think I'm good at adapting

 Buddy had asked basically if I was one of those innovative cooks "Making spaghetti tacos" and such.  I said not really but I'm starting to wonder.  

So I went to the Asian market.  The butcher didn't speak English and the signs were in Vietnamese.  The prices were regular numbers though.  

So I got a little over 2 pounds of what I thought was ground beef.  Looks like it.  It didn't brown the same so I got the wrapper out of the trash; it's ground pork.  That doesn't matter for my spaghetti but the Taco Casserole is going to be weird, I fear.  

I just tried a bite of the "Taco" meat it tastes fine to me.  I don't think I will be sharing that, though.  

I have the tenderloins marinating with garlic, onion, and garlic in the fridge.  The taco meat is cooling.  Once it's done I'm going to layer it with this: 


It should be delicious and very filling.  I do find it very amusing I keep having problems with the Taco casserole which I would think would be "the easiest" of all the dishes I'm going to prep tonight.  

Edit it is delicious.  It is very ugly looking but good flavor.  The salsa and the sour cream really compliment the other ingredients.  

No comments: