Sunday, August 4, 2024

Cooking turkey spaghetti

 Since I will be handing some of it out I decided not to use a lot of garlic in the sauce.  I used 2 cans of "Traditional" spaghetti sauce in the can, that works fine for my purposes.  Throw in a handful of chopped frozen onions, one clove minced (as best I can) garlic (another reason I am simmering it a while I don't want someone getting a garlic chunk like I get in my stir fry sometimes), 1.5 t Italian seasonings.  I put a pot of water on to boil with about a T of salt and 1 t Italian seasonings.  I think it makes the pasta taste better.  Using rotini pasta today so I can tell it from the pork version in my freezer (that has elbow noodles).  

I had already cooked 1 pound ground turkey with Italian seasonings, garlic, onions.  I threw that in the sauce and simmered it about 20 minutes, then threw in the sliced, cooked, link turkey sausage (like a Kielbasa).  I am going to let that go another 10 minutes or so.  

Listening to "Kountry Gentlemen" by Family Force 5.  

I cooked one pound of rotini already, drained it, dressed it with a little olive oil (thank God I could get some).  I am getting ready to do another pound (I have a nice big pot but not big enough for 2 pounds of pasta to swim around the way I like, plus I have to pick the damned thing up!), drain that, by then the sauce should be cool enough.  I will put the sauce on and freeze most of it.  

I am thinking to bring some turkey spaghetti for my first driver, a very nice black lady about my age.  She is a very sweet lady and a great listener and has been waiting to hear Buddy updates even though I didn't say the route #.  I will give her the bad news tomorrow along with some Black Bean Garlic paste (she asked) and maybe a spaghetti if she wants it.  

After that's done I tried the pork tenderloin I did the other night, liked it, put them in individual baggies in a larger gallon baggie, in the freezer, that is labeled.  I had about 7 or so after the one I ate for breakfast.  

I also cooked the Italian sausage and put that in the fridge, and took out the ground pork I cooked the other day, and had in the freezer.  When that thaws out I can make a pork spaghetti in a couple days with elbow noodles and freeze that too.  

My grocery store has a nice little storage container, 3 cup size I think, 4 for $2, last a long time.  I always pick up 1-2 packs when I go even when money's bad.  

Lastly I have some chicken thighs.  The black bean garlic paste is not a migraine trigger so I plan to make about half with ginger/garlic/lemon/sesame and the other half with the black bean (the black bean makes the wok messy so I will do that last).  I'm going to cook the chicken after my nap.  

No comments: