Friday, July 26, 2024

Happy Friday!

 Well I made a mistake applying for my disaster relief so I have to redo both applications.  

I am going to be working 12 hour days up until Tuesday so it will have to wait.  I need to be home, at my computer, cell phone at the ready, to do this.  It's going to take at least an hour.  

Good news at the end of it, if it works out I get $950.  

Some things I would like to buy: a 5 gallon water cooler (I was really missing cold drinks), another power bank, I need to think about batteries.  I had a lot around the time Ron died but many of them leaked.  So maybe some rechargables?  

I have had freeze dried disaster food - it was pretty good but I had terrible gut troubles the next couple days - and instant noodles which did not cause any trouble, so probably buy more instant noodles.  I have found I like the beef flavor the best.  

If you are looking for a good power bank I can vouch for this.  It charged my cell phone 5 times.  It also has solar ability but of course it was pretty cloudy the week after.  Anyway: Power bank It is rechargable of course but does take a while to recharge.  So 2 would be nice (buy another).  

I will also think about getting an ice chest to hold contents of fridge/freezer but not 100% on that.  

I checked the schedule and I don't have tax free weekend yet.  I will know tomorrow.  If I am off I will tell the TL I can work it, just give me 2 days together off in the middle of the week.  I think that is fair.  

It is raining at a pretty good clip, it's going to be an interesting trip to work.  

No comments: