Tuesday, July 9, 2024

made it

 I had a hard time getting in to blogger.  I'm fine, so's the house and cats 

Unlike other storms it wasn't thunderstorms it was just steady rain to start, then heavier rain and wind.  The wind was pretty bad between about 7 and 2.  

I have 2 ash trees in my yard but most of the neighborhood is oak trees.  The oaks didn't do well, I have a huge broken off oak branch in both the front and backyard and the sidewalk to the bus stop appears impassible.  I lost 1 small ash branch and had a mulberry tree snap in half in the back, not near the house.  When I can I have photos and videos.  

I left the cat door open.  It flapped a lot but was fine.  My cats stayed inside.  My feral cat shelter is intact.  

No power of course but I am pretty well set for that.  I called out yesterday and today but will need to work tomorrow.  

It was my first hurricane alone.  

No comments: