Saturday, July 20, 2024

Saturday

 Well I paid most of my bills yesterday, gas, water, electric.  Set up auto pay on the water.  

Of course my card expires pretty soon so I will have to call them back and give them a new #.  

I also had some good Spot time.  I picked him up and sat down with him in my lap for a while, he's the only cat I can do that with.  He was purring and making biscuits.  

Coming up Monday I work 8 days in a row so I want to make sure he is well loved going into that.  

Shower time. I used the Suave Silk shampoo (I like what it did) and Rose conditioner (the conditioner may be triggering a headache).  

I went to the grocery store.  My first bus was very late, it was the very friendly white guy about my age.  It was really cute he talked about his wife all the way to the grocery store.  I love happily married couples and one reason I am not worried Buddy is single.  He is always using singular pronouns "My apartment" "I went to my brother's house during the hurricane" etc.  

But I like this guy he was fun.  Sometimes the driver is very moody and doesn't want to talk - maybe thinking about their life.  Maybe I need to start telling them they make twice what I do!  

My aunt had sent me a new hand cart praise God I was so happy putting it together this morning.  I was able to get a bag of candy, the gallon of milk for my protein shakes, etc.   I ran into Jose from work.  

Side note I am very glad I was wearing a modest outfit!  He had his wife with him and introduced us but she doesn't speak English.  We didn't really bring it up but I found it telling he didn't get his groceries at work any more than I did.  

The company makes a lot of money (Walmart) maybe they need to bring back the grocery discount for the associates.  

At any rate I got a lot of meat, a lot of frozen vegetables (for me at least), I got fixings for spaghetti, taco casserole, and stir fry.  I almost forgot the stir fry vegetables.  I also got some soy sauce (I threw mine out as it was opened, in a warm fridge, for a week!  Yuck!) and some fresh sesame oil.  I also have ginger, garlic, and lemon for the stir fry, and I got some red pepper flakes for my friend from work.  

Buddy is Latino but doesn't advertise it and I need to see if he likes spicy food.  Some Latino cultures (Central Americans in particular) abhor heat in their food, others like the Mexicans the more the better.  My mentor, I guess, in my department loves spicy food the hotter the better.  I'm going to make her a veggie stir fry with some red pepper in it.  

For my stir fry I couldn't find what I wanted, a small package of boneless skinless chicken thighs.  So I decided to get a package of thin cut boneless pork chops (trimmed) for about $4.  I will cut about half of them into strips and stir fry them with the veggies (I got a ton of veggies for it and have found I will eat lots of veggies in a stir fry).  I will cook the rest up and eat them.  I'm always up for a good pork chop.  

That was one meal I ate growing up that I enjoyed.  I didn't enjoy a lot of food I was served but I did like those, and she did a chicken parmesan thing that was pretty good too.  And the tuna casserole I loved that stuff. 

I got a bag of "Santa Fe Blend" for the Taco Casserole.  In the past I have not put anything other than a little salsa, meat, beans, and cheese but I want to incorporate more veggies.  That's the kind of conversation I can have with Buddy when he's working, "I need to figure out a way to eat more vegetables".  He agreed he needs to do that as well.  Anyway the Santa Fe Blend has red pepper, black beans, corn, and onions.  That should go well.  

The Spaghetti I am just doing the tomato sauce, meat, cheese, and pasta. That's all it needs.  I will be putting a little extra Italian Seasoning in the sauce though that is one trick I use.  

I found a nice pack of Italian Sausage I did not think I would find.  But it looks good and it will work.  I am glad I have my meat thermometer though.  

I was pretty happy with what I got although thinking now I should have got a 2 pound block of cheese instead of just the bag of shreds.  Oh, well.  I can pick that up on my way home from work.  

Remember a few weeks ago I had that driver who almost cried when I gave him his snack?  I got him again going home.  He was so happy to see me and get his treat (banana, bag of peanuts, bag of chips, bottle of water, candy bar).  I explained I had also bought him a cold orange soda but it fell off the belt when they were ringing it up and "it got pretty shook up it's going to blow" when he opened it.  He said he'd like it anyway so I gave that too.  That route is really tough and they often don't have time to go find a meal when they finish.  I am at the store anyway and it's only a couple bucks.  It is a routine that makes me very happy.  

He said "See you next week" when I got off and I had to tell him I'm working next week.  I might see him the Wednesday I go shopping (not this one but the one after that).  

I need to do some cleaning, cooking, and laundry.  I have a moderate headache even with the Excedrin so I'm just going to do laundry tonight.  

I posted about my assault on Facebook.  I tagged Metro bus company I am interested to see if they respond and if so, how.  

That's it for now.  

No comments: