Wednesday, July 31, 2024

Working on the kitchen

 Cleaning, organizing.  Trying to figure out what to cook.  I can't make the turkey spaghetti tonight because the ground turkey is still frozen.  

I have 2 pounds ground beef so I plan to cook half with Italian seasonings, onion, and garlic (I never did find a garlic press), freeze that.  Next week get some Italian Sausage and cook that.  I was told I would have an even better spaghetti if I had the ground beef simmer in the sauce, cook the Italian sausage on the side, and then add the Italian sausage to the spaghetti right before serving.  And that sounds delicious so I'm going to do that.  So I'll just cook the ground beef.  

Next up the other half of the ground beef - Taco Casserole.  This variation has a lot of canned goods.  Canned refried beans, canned black beans (the frozen cook in the bag beans were hideous), canned corn (whole kernel), canned salsa.  I just need to turn the ground beef into taco meat and that's easy.  I will layer it all with shredded Mexican cheese and then garnish with a generous amount of sour cream.  

I'm going to cook the Italian meat first.  

I have the pork tenderloins.  Apparently I season them, brown them in the skillet, then transfer to toaster oven.  

The taco seasoning packet tends to make for a very messy skillet.  I'll do that last and then wash that up.  

And then veggie stir fry.  I couldn't find boneless skinless chicken thighs.  I need to decide if I want to commit to one of those big frozen bags we sell at work.  But in the meantime I will just make a veggie stir fry.  I have no problem having a stir fry and tenderloin, or stir fry and taco casserole.  

I checked my schedule, they have not adjusted it.  I'm done talking about it to them.  I venture they will call me Saturday and ask me to come in.  I'll tell them I will if someone comes and gets me.  I'm not paying for a ride into work and I doubt they would want to wait a couple of hours.  

That's it for now!  

No comments: