Tuesday, July 2, 2024

The good and the bad

 I saw Buddy today.  I was cautious at first I don't want to come off like my stalker if he had seen my note and wasn't interested.  But I don't think he read it.  He acted the same as always and he told me about this fantastic taqueria on my home bus route - the one I've been going to for 15 years!  He said it was his favorite.  

He doesn't live near me, he lives in a pretty terrible area.  I teased him a little about the "trifecta of drugs, gangs, and hookers, perfect for a Bible Handout" and he laughed.  

So that was very nice spending some time with him.  I'm going to take it day by day.  I won't see him until Monday.  

I made a choice to miss a bus connection so I could spend a little time with him.  As it turns out the first bus broke down anyway.  A really whacked out white guy got on my home bus (very unusual).  He was wearing a hospital discharge bracelet and was very, very, agitated.  I had my eye on him the whole time.  Praise God he did not get off at my stop.  

When I got off I told the driver "You're going to want to watch that guy, he's about to snap" and he laughed at me, but I have ridden with a lot of crazy people.  

Work was OK I didn't have any major issues.  I laid down for a while when I got home and feel better although I'm tired.  

Tomorrow, alas, it's different drivers.  

Oh and I made a decision, I think I talked about it.  I will not be taking the 5:30 bus anymore he is always late and I get stuck out in BFE in the dark, completely isolated and alone.  Very creepy.  If I catch the 6 am bus I get way nicer drivers (fun to talk to although I haven't said much about Buddy - I don't want to embarrass him if he's not interested), get to work a little later but still plenty of oops time before I have to clock in.  

I also texted Ace who says he can bring me home July 4th.  

My aunt and uncle are in town I will see them this weekend.  Buddy mentioned he likes Mexican pastry so I may get him 1-2 items at the bakery this weekend.  

That's it for now.  

No comments: