Friday, July 5, 2024

I don't get a lot of physical contact

 So it was fun to get the hug from the little girl (as her Mom beamed at us), and then a former coworker came by and found me zoning yesterday.  

I got the toughest aisle in grocery to do on July 4th: the potato chip aisle.  The cracker and cookie side wasn't bad but those chips were tossed!  But I did it.  

I told the team lead I didn't mind doing any aisle but the bread so he feels free to put me everywhere now which is fine.  I don't mind going every day especially days when that boss is working.  

So she came by said she had been following me on Facebook and wanted to know how things were.  I told her a little about Buddy and she was very happy for me, I thought it was cute, then she gave me 2 good hugs during our conversation and went home to her little boy.  I felt rich!  

My boss called me "sweetheart", as in "Heather, sweetheart, can you..."  

I don't know if she means it in a demeaning way?  I am just taking it as an endearment.  She doesn't use endearments with other employees?  

She didn't check on me much she was very busy and I was "moving" every time she did come by.  That was one thing she said "I want you always moving".  

When I went by grocery on my way out the BBQ sauce section had been wiped out!  It was astounding!  I got a Tikka Masala TV dinner (the one by Deep Kitchen is very good) and had that, it was a good treat.  It's not a headache trigger, either.  

With new food I will eat that Friday or Saturday and then I can afford the day down if it bothers me.  But you'll never catch me eating the new thing on Wednesday because Thursday is my long day.  

On the way home I didn't tell Ace about Buddy, I just chatted about work.  I almost told him to come get me tonight before I remembered my aunt and uncle are coming!  

I thought it was interesting, both Ace and Buddy were very happy to hear my family is visiting.  

I did a few little housecleaning things when I got up and put out the good toilet paper.  

That's it for now.  

No comments: