Monday, September 26, 2022

Some before and during photos

I think it is OK to mail things now I got both my credit card and my insurance renewal.  Insurance renewal was confusing but it says NOT A BILL so I think I am OK.  

Clothes...I brought one nicer dress and 3 t shirt dresses.  She liked the nicer one and the rose colored t shirt dress, and the teal, but did not like the army green one.  So I didn't wear it.  We got a couple of t shirts.  I think she would rather I wear a pair of jeans and bring some t shirts and a nicer dress.  

She did tell me the XL t shirt was too big so I am in men's Large now?  That was a shock.  And the NOBO Junior's t shirt at work fit great in a 21 but sadly they are discontinued at my store for the winter.  I have a lavender and a turquoise.  I think I will be wearing the turquoise a lot.  

I washed everything.  I will hang it all up when dry.  

I got a nap.  Unfortunately ION TV is now doing Criminal Minds on Monday.  I find Criminal Minds vastly depressing, I used to like it years ago but found my mood always tanked after watching it.  So I can't watch my favorite TV channel.  They do Chicago Fire on Tuesdays which I like as it is more upbeat in spite of some of the story lines; pranks and such counteract the tragedy.  So, no TV for me.  

I went through all my email it didn't take as long as I thought.  I don't regret leaving my tablet at home and I didn't even ask for the wi-fi password.  Didn't miss a computer.  

I have a Google account and was able to figure out I could just Google "blogger" on my phone which is always signed into my account, and pull up a template for the blog.  That took a couple of days though.  

I got some cash and gift cards for my birthday.  One is a Vanilla Visa I am a little confused how that works but will figure it out.  I am thinking to maybe use it for work snacks?  It is $25.  That might be nice.  I also got a check I will need to deposit.  My aunt did a direct deposit into my account which is awesome.  And I got a Walmart gift card pretty sure I will use that for something "fun" at work and not groceries or whatever.  

I can't really talk about it but I feel better getting groceries at a local store near my home.  The prices are cheaper, for one.  Work has better prices and selection on canned meat so I did get some, there, yesterday.  And if I don't get the mayo tomorrow at the grocery store I will likely get it at work.  And that is all I would want to say on that.  

I hate to be evasive but I have to assume Corporate might read this one day.  So that's all on that.  

My parents are involved in a "Grief Care" class for people going through loss (death) of a loved one.  It is a whole program that meets once a week for months.  Dad showed me his notebook, it had a lot in there.  I am going to ask them if they would send me a notebook it might be helpful.  They also do some other outreach work which is one reason I feel they are so sharp.  

Ron's parents: very little human contact just sit and watch TV all day.  Mom and Dad: go out for walks with friends (her) every day, walks together, Dad goes to gym at fitness center to work out, both involved in ministries together, good social groups, Dad involved in Veterans group as well (he is a Vietnam era Vet although he did not serve in Vietnam), etc.  Ron's parents: dementia, nursing home, long miserable death.  Mom and Dad: still active physically and mentally.  They also eat a good variety of foods.  They ate "bad" things while I was there but after I left it took her 2 days to finish my leftovers from one meal.  I would like Dad to be a little more robust but he isn't doing bad for 81.  He gets around a lot better than Ron ever did.  

I feel smart, I just figured out my "no volume" online problem.  I won't bore you with details except to say it was a Windows 7 thing.  I really like playing my praise and worship music when I am awake and at home, it's very important to me, I've got that back so very happy.  God gets all the credit.  

Ron used to call me a "Little glory-grabber" in a very affectionate tone of voice and some of that applies.  But I am using this whole thing - the last several years - as a teachable moment to improve things that could use some work (like my weight, pride issues, etc).  I hope I can manage the pride issue while losing weight I would hate to get immodest.  Not slutty just not giving God the credit and bragging a lot.  

I am losing weight because God enabled me to figure out what my metabolism needs, that is all.  And I was smart enough to download an app to help.  Oh, I forgot.  I had Mom and my aunt send me some before photos.  

Here is a good one:  



A month ago.  

So I will ask God to keep me humble on that.  I don't like arrogance and I know I am prone to it.  You can make your own determination on that and if I need more work.  

I am happy I have some good jeans that fit well.  Wednesday is week 3 of my cycle so it will remain to be seen if I have it on week 4 or 5-6 like it has been going.  And I already lost a pound of my gain so I am happy about that.  3.5 pounds isn't bad considering how I was eating, waffles for breakfast, cake, ice cream sundaes, pasta dishes with wine sauce, etc.  

And really how long am I going to have them?  Where we can enjoy each other?  Better to go now while they're still bright and lively.  I don't want to go only after the stroke or whatever (although Dad takes blood thinners so not worried about that).  So we went, we ate, we had a good time, I can and have been losing it again.  Worst case I will probably look at 2-3 weeks.  

The cats did fine with me being gone.  They missed me, that was clear, but I came back and they were happy to see me again.  Spotty is still retching I think he is about to lose a hairball in Ron's bed but when I put him on the (hard) floor he got up on the bed again.  That will be the only punishment.  Cleo has been a little distant but she's coming around.  I have to remember she was feral.  

My aunt was complaining the price of Coke has gone up to $13 a case, she wasn't happy about that.  She has a large extended family so she may have to do the name on the solo cup and the 2 liter bottle of pop routine.  We'll see.  

As far as I know YES Walmart is closed on Thanksgiving.  So I will need to figure out what I'm doing for dinner.  I have some ham ends my aunt saved from a family reunion ham (a very large one), so I could make some lentils with ham at home.  I don't plan to go anywhere; we have a "superfeast" downtown for people like me but 1.  A lot of homeless attend and 2.  Questions about food safety as I know I will be working that Friday.  3.  Long ride on the bus each way. 



I hope to catch a mega bus ($20 from here to her) to see her next year sometime when it is not busy for her.  Or maybe she can come down.  We will see.  

That's it for now.  It is HOT and the AC is running.  Hopefully the bill won't be too bad next month.  

Most of my trip photos have my parents in them and I don't feel comfortable putting them online but here is one of just me:  

Doesn't my hair look blond?  It is the lighting.  

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

You do look pretty with your hair down! And such a nice smile.
Why would you want to wear men's clothes and not enjoy being a girl?
I'm a 64 year old woman and think you look great.

Heather Knits said...

Well with the men's clothes sometimes I have to reach up, many women's shirts will pull up and expose my belly. Also lower necklines than I feel comfortable with. Admittedly there are women at work wearing stuff far more than that but I am just shy I guess you would say. Shy/modest. If I were married at home I wouldn't mind.

And don't forget I ride with some really gnarly homeless on the bus and I am absolutely certain I do not want to send the wrong message there.

Anonymous said...

Maybe look for a happy medium where you can be feminine but not wear men's clothes?
You're too pretty for that. ((Hugs))

Anonymous said...

Ridiculous. Theirvare plenty if long women's shirts you can wear.

Heather Knits said...

I will be looking. I am about 20 pounds from goal so I need to think about my end game for clothes.

I have a reluctance to look "too good" on the bus as I believe that will create issues with panhandlers begging and bothering me. I also freely admit I have body issues in part because I never had my husband say "Looking good, lady!" while leering at me. I will work it out.

Anonymous said...

I shop at Cato, the clothes are great, prices great and lots of tunic style tops and vests for the layered look.
They have a website and you can order online but they have stores in the bigger cities.
Even if you start with one top and build your wardrobe. No offense at all but walmart does have its own look and is not so flattering.

Anonymous said...

I have body issues too. There was a show called what not to wear, you can probably search for it. They show you how to dress for your figure and how to hide your flaws.

Heather Knits said...

I think they have a Cato in Houston. The name is familiar.

Walmart leans very heavy toward juniors' clothing which I don't want to wear. Young women are into showing it off, nothing wrong with that but not the look I am seeking. Which reminds me of something I will share in the blog now.

Heidi said...

I am in shock someone’s judging your clothing , i dress the same way you do and Heather you look amazing! …”dress like a woman”
You are a beautiful wom WHO DRESSES JUST FINE.