Thursday, September 29, 2022

Thursday morning

 Feeling better; slept great last night for a change and woke up with Biscuit.  I had a nice cuddle with him for a half hour.  It is odd to me I am getting all my physical affection from cats.  I can see I will have problems when Biscuit dies as a result because I will be losing all that.  But I still love him, go ahead, break my heart.  

So I got up and went to work.  I put on my cooking t shirt, an old ratty black t shirt that is not fit for the public (stains/rips) so I cut a notch in the back neck so I won't mistake it for a good shirt.  I use them for cooking.  My turkey was thawed so I took off my wedding ring and went to work.  I browned it in the skillet with some lard and Italian Seasonings.  When it was done I portioned it into 4 containers, poured a little tomato sauce (I had a small can) over the top, added some shredded cheese, and stirred it up really well.  Into the fridge.  Then I made a chicken salad for tonight's dinner.  The Italian stuff will be lunch.  

I attempted a few more things with the app for work but was unsuccessful, I will have to use the computer to log in.  If I can grab a manager I plan to ask for a work phone.  We are all supposed to be getting them and that should help me out a lot.  I know how to take care of things, too.  So I am done with that for the day.  

I fed the cats and also let Biscuit eat a little shredded cheese I dropped due to shaking hands.  My Dad is a good 30 years older than me and has a pretty interesting tremor himself, so did my birth mother I am told, enough that she could not play the piano anymore (she was very good).  He is looking into a non surgical treatment for it, if it works I will tell you what he did.  But he didn't say it was OK to talk about so I will assume it is not.  

I also let Biscuit lick the can of chicken.  He had a good couple licks at the broth.  I am OK with him eating chicken, his urinary food is chicken based, it is fish I worry about for him.  In my opinion fish is poison for a FLUTD cat.  My experience every time I fed fish cat food they got blocked.  So I don't feed it.  The rare times I feed wet food it is a turkey based one.  

All I need to do is take my shower, God time, get dressed.  It will be funny wearing my support socks as I only wore them for flying.  I don't think I needed them on the plane I was only in the air for, what, 4 hours but better to be careful.  

I do hate putting them on but I like what they do for my legs; they feel much better with the socks.  So I keep wearing them.  I gave Dad a new pair if he likes them I will send him a couple more pair.  He said he has a little trouble with one leg swelling due to bad veins.  So it sounds like he might be willing.  

He was talking about maybe going to Hawaii next year, that would be great.  He has not been in a long while and he got hurt the last time he was there.  A wave knocked him down and he pulled a tendon off the bone, had to have surgery to fix it.  The socks would be great for that plane ride.  We will see I was unclear on what Mom wanted.  

I plan to get some mayo at work today I really need it.  I forgot to look at the local grocer the other day when I went.  I also need to run by my bank and get cash for the drivers (3 rides this week) and also cash/deposit a check Mom gave me.  I plan to use my gift money, what I got, for fun things and not business/home stuff if at all possible.  Like the money my aunt sent, one thing I will do is place a Swanson order and get some probiotics, some nice soap as it has been ages since I did that.  I still have the $100 Dad sent me for getting below 200 pounds and I have maintained that.  That is a trip to the thrift store when my aunt comes down which will be a while.  

She was really clear it won't be the next couple weeks.  So I need to work on my eating in the meantime so I will be slim when we go for new clothes.  Since the 18's are fitting I would look at the 16's and any dark colored 18's they might have, I need some dark 18's with good pockets.  I do have 1-2 that work for now though.  

I did not log everything I ate last week and I am back on track with that.  I got some aspartame drink mix at the grocery store the other day and drank it all, I am back to plain water/tea now and will stick with that.  I need to get some of the big decaf iced tea bags now that I am thinking about it.  

That's it for now.  

No comments: