Wednesday, September 7, 2022

Well the happy day finally arrived

I started my cycle, which means my heavy day will be tomorrow so a little awkward.  I decided to "help" the water bloat by drinking some apple cider vinegar in water and then some dandelion root tea as well.  That's all I'm going to do.  I should see a couple pounds come off over the next couple days.  

I am just glad I don't have to worry about that flying/at the airport, etc.  Or worse as a guest in someone's home.  This one was 6 weeks out from the last one, which was 5 weeks,  So it is getting longer and longer.  I find that encouraging, especially working retail.  

And I am happy I am still having cycles because I hear it is a lot easier to lose weight if you do.  So maybe lose it all, keep it off for a while and then end it.   We'll see how it works out.  The actual cycle is uneventful compared to my teen years.  Back then wracking horrible cramps, worse, it was a bloodbath every month.  After my ovary surgery in 2001 that all resolved.  I am not sure why but it was a lot better.  

That was interesting...I developed extreme abdominal pain and, at the time, had insurance so I got checked out.  2 masses, one on each ovary.  I opted for surgery.  It was a day procedure.  I did have a problem getting home.  We took a cab but the driver got into an argument with the security guard at the apartment complex.  I was exhausted just having my privates cut up so I got out in exasperation and walked, very slowly, to the apartment.  Not fun climbing all those stairs!  It took me a while to recover but I was between jobs.  I was paying the health insurance premium with COBRA.  Once I got better I had to let it lapse.  

Most of my adult life I have not had insurance.  I need to find out if I can get Medicaid with a savings account and owning a home.  It doesn't seem likely.  I will look into it when I have the time.  

For now I am taking my vitamins, working out, put a  on getting enough sleep.  Moderately depressed now...I think I will take a nap.  I couldn't sleep but Cleo let me give her some kisses on her head, I got up and did the dishes, then cooked my sausage for the work week, did those dishes, and then did up pills for a week.  

Still depressed, I think I will go back to bed now.  


No comments: