Wednesday, September 28, 2022

Wednesday morning

 Something I have not shared, my adoptive Mom has a living mother so that means I still have a "grandma" living.  Now, she was in no way close to me and always preferred the "real" kids, which I was OK with, as I had my exceedingly awesome Dad's Mom.  But Dad's Mom died right after Ron's accident (complications of back surgery) so I have basically been without.  

But Grandma, I will call her that, is in Florida now no doubt scared out of her wits.  She has paid caregivers (her husband had a generous pension), and one of them evacuated her to Tampa.  Apparently she was evacuated along with the caregiver's pets so that must have been a wild ride.  I have a text photo of her sitting on a couch with a big dog looking at her (I don't believe she is a dog person).  It doesn't look good for her condo.  

But Mom has a Plan B for that so it will be OK.  She is worried sick, though.  Mom has never been through a hurricane and was asking me about them yesterday.  I don't think she liked my answer and, at the end of it, Ike was not a big deal.  I remember flying out of Hobby the next year and all the roofs had a blue tarp on them.  But on the scale it was nothing like Ian.  I feel bad for all of them.  

My sister is having a house built in Florida but it still belongs to the builder.  She only assumes ownership when it is done and the loan goes through.  

I slept pretty well and woke up with both Cleo and Biscuit in my bed.  Biscuit got on me purring for a while which was fun, lots of petting and hair up my nose but that's OK.  Cleo was nearby and let me pet her a few times, she is still forgiving me.  

Then I checked my bank balance which was better than I had hoped.  I used my entire 32 hours of PTO for my vacation and got paid for all of that.  The next couple pay periods will be pretty lean so I will make it last.  I did buy a few luxuries at the grocery store yesterday which got me up to $37.  I could have had it around $25 if I had not.  But even after that I have "enough" for rides and such.  That is good to know.  

I did my workout (15 minutes as my ankle started yelling), took a screenshot of the display, and sent it to Dad.  I guess you could call it workout buddies we spur each other on.  He said it is very motivating to him when I send the screenshots and I don't want him to end up feeble like Ron.  It was so awful watching Ron get in and out of a car, or just getting to the bathroom.  I don't want that for Dad.  And I can use the exercise anyway.  I noticed my thighs looked a lot better today in my booty shorts.  And I'm not a Spring Chicken either, I am almost 50.  If I don't take action I will end up like Ron, too.  And regular exercise is good for stroke and heart attack prevention.  Sure don't want that.  

So I did that.  When I finished I send Dad his text and then I did my God Time.  God doesn't care if I am a little sweaty and out of breath.  Did that.  

Then I have been wondering about my camo booty shorts the ones in 16/18.  I hadn't seen them in a while.  So I rounded up all my shorts, the gray ones with terrible pockets, the striped ones I got on clearance for $1, some bike shorts I had thought to take to CA but ended up not wearing... and I found the ones I was looking for in the laundry room.  So they are all stacked up together.  

The cats had a good time last night, batting an ant bait around on the floor (it is moved) and throwing my suck em in underwear on the floor in the middle of the night.  And I didn't hear a thing.  I have to laugh at that.  

Yard guy just showed up next door.  There goes Biscuit running down the hall to hide under the bed.  He may limp a little but he can move pretty fast!  

And I got an odd message from the Walmart Pharmacy about my (there goes another cat) "synched prescriptions" being ready soon.  Is that for one month each or three?  I will have to see.  I am guessing one month which means about $25, which I can afford.  

I was telling Dad I might consider Medicaid when I was out there and he did some research on his tablet, he is like me in that.  And found out I can only have $2K in assets.  I have my checking account which hopefully has a few hundred at a time to cover bills, and then I put $250 a pay period into savings to cover escrow expenses... so too much!  I suppose I could lie and cheat, take the $250 out as cash and hide it somewhere but that would not please God.  And Obama care starts at $60 a month he said which is too much for me at my wage...I am between the cracks on this one.  So I will have to keep relying on God.  

Walmart won't give me benefits until I am over 30 hours a week for six months and they are very careful to keep me under that.  Coming up I am working more like 22 hours.  

Now I am just sharing this so you see where I am in life, I don't need a fix.  Maybe I will meet a great guy tomorrow and he will have great benefits, maybe Walmart will make me full time.  Maybe there is another option I will find.  I don't know.  But that's where that is... I was sorry I couldn't give Dad an answer because I know he worries.  

I don't want Dad to worry about me another reason I work out and watch my carbs.  

I have come to a conclusion, if I am embarrassed about sharing something here I need to share it.  So yesterday at the store I bought a box of cream puffs and ate the whole thing.  And I did not weigh this morning.  There.  I was hungry when I got to the store (I forget how long I have to spend on the bus) but I could have planned for that.  I did not and made a mistake.  

Now today is is back to healthy eating because I don't want Dad getting a phone call they found me dead on the floor like my (birth) mother.  She was always very slim I think in part due to smoking.  She was 130 pounds when she died.  If she could get in trouble with her heart at that weight... but she did smoke heavily and drank even more.  

It would have been interesting to see my mother and Ron in a shots contest.  I think they both would have lost.  Ron used to remark he drank the same cheap style vodka she did and how it was a family tradition.  I always wanted to bop him over the head when he said that.  

My mother did an altar call (come up and receive Jesus) a couple of weeks before she died but my sister didn't think it "counted" because it was not her cult.  And yes it is a cult.  I will get more into that one day.  In fact my sister told me my mother had died unsaved which is the worst thing you can say to a believer.  So I spent several months thinking my mother was in hell until my sister let it slip one day.  I was furious but did not say anything, because in her world everyone is going to hell unless they are in the cult.  I have very little contact with my sister as she is always talking about getting me into the cult.  I find them creepy.  Even the pastor (another church) who called me a drug addict and a sinner for taking my mental health meds was better than that.  

I think her kids got out, I am hopeful.  

I am finishing the clothes right now and watching Blue Bloods.  Eventually I will call my aunt and whine about not being able to get Medicaid.  Her boys are fixing up a house (a little more renovation than just flipping) for them (aunt and uncle) and they are picking out flooring today.  

The great thing for me getting flooring I went on Lumber Liquidators website picked out 5-6 samples, paid for shipping and got actual live pieces to strew around.  Then I was able to pick my favorite (bourbon barrel) and order it.  I was completely in charge of it.  I like dark floors, that's what I got.  And they have a nice long warranty.  Best of all water proof.  It would have been horrible if Ron could see and wanted some light toned laminate instead.  So I imagine things are lively at the flooring store today.  A daughter in law, aunt and uncle all debating on flooring, it will be very civil but there will be opinions I'm sure!  

Ron was to the point he really didn't care about fixing the house it was all on me.  And my insurance (I feel bad for them they are in Florida).  It was basically me picking out my house for myself.  Happily I didn't plan it but the paint I picked (Behr Marquee) had a very low odor so it didn't bother him when they painted everything but his room.  Carlos used some kind of glue to hold down the transition piece when we did Ron's room (after Ron died) and the fumes from that were horrific.  The paint was fine though.  Nothing but good to say about Behr Marquee and Lumber Liquidators.  My only problem I had to special order my flooring so it took a while.  

That's it for now.  

No comments: