Sunday, September 11, 2022

Sunday morning

I slept pretty well, I did wake up at 1 AM.  I was 191 (almost a pound lost since yesterday) when I got up so that was nice.  My body likes a bolus of carbs, not too many, now and then.  

My Dad called after I went to bed, phone was off so he went to voicemail so he left a nice message.  He sounded tired.  They went to visit his mother in law to get things settled and that has apparently been a lot.  Mom sounded very tired in a text message and Dad sounded pretty worn out last night.  I am sure they will be happy to get home.  

And so happy my cycle is about done so I don't have any worries traveling!  Thank you God!  I also often get a nice little rush of weight lost around now so I am hopeful and eating on plan.  Today I will not get a donut as I usually do (I will be eating bad enough a week from now), I plan to bring some chicken salad for my lunch.  I will have the sausage and cheese for breakfast.  It is easier to heat things up in the morning, 12-2 it is crazy busy in the breakroom so I will just eat my chicken salad then.  Not that I get a 2 hour break, would be nice, though.  

I need to buy some more cat food and will get that today if they have it.  Not much fun to take it home after getting a vaccine but I want to make sure I have it for my babies.  I also want to get some more yogurt, and walnuts. 

I will take a cab home if I don't feel right after the vaccine but I am sure I'll be fine.  I will have a couple days at home to recoup if I need it.  But I never did before.  I also remembered to bring my vaccine card, the last time I wanted to get a shot, a few weeks ago, I forgot the card.  

I get paid Wednesday so that will be nice.  I plan to be thrifty though.  I also need to get cab fare out of my account as my cab driver only takes cash.  I don't blame him.  

Cleo was so cute this morning, curled up against me, shoving her little butt at me, purring away.  She is just so cuddly when I am lying down.  When I get up she acts fearful but when I am lying down she couldn't be a sweeter cat.  She would be a good cat for a quadriplegic.  I'm going to miss them.  I am sure they will be fine with Jack but I'm going to miss the cuddles.  

I was also looking at some photos of my family and I am the fattest one in the family.  Even now.  Well technically Dad outweighs me by 20 pounds but he is also a lot taller.  But bulky I am it.  I am OK with that.  Does make me rethink taking the t shirt dresses I don't think they are exactly slimming.  Cute but not slimming.  But that is OK it's not like I need them for my dating profile and they are a lot more forgiving than jeans.  I am going to have to dig out my underwear from my packed bags and repack with smaller sizes.  That will help keep me accountable if they start getting tight.  I might also take my tape measure as that packs down to nothing.  I plan to use their scale, too.  

Dad said he takes the approach he just eats what he wants when on vacation but I don't think I can afford to do that.  I can afford to eat more carbs but not all of them and will be carefully selecting.  For instance if taken out to breakfast I will skip biscuit, toast, hashbrowns.  I might have pancakes with plain powdered sugar and butter or sugar free syrup.  If taken out to dinner I don't have to eat bread or potatoes, unless there is a sweet potato with just butter.  That's the approach I plan to take.  I will also be using the Carb Manager app as I think it is really important to track what I am doing.  I don't think my carbs are low enough I am going to be low on glycogen and then have a huge weight gain from carb refill on the glycogen (like strict low carb) but I will have some.  Starbucks I can have a heavy whipping cream latte.  A small one.  

I have been thinking a little about this.  It is a little over a week now.  I have been debating taking a cab home vs. the bus next Sunday.  Taking the cab saves me 2 hours but costs me $20.  And my bag is pretty much packed, I just need to stick in my chargers and my tablet.  After I redo my underwear tonight.  I am not bringing a lot of stuff under the assumption I can just do laundry at Mom and Dad's house halfway through the week.  I have my sneakers all picked out, they are gray, so are the jeans I will take.  Top will be a performance shirt I will use for working out.  

And I do plan to work out every day; they have access to a gym and walking trails.  I burn off a certain amount of calories at work, about a thousand per shift according to my tracker.  If I am eating more I need to be burning more.  

I will just be glad when I am out there.  I won't be posting but I will do some long ones when I get back.  That's it for now.  

No comments: