Thursday, September 8, 2022

Well I feel better

A reliable source told me once it is very common to have depression before/during period so I think that was at play.  I did take my caffeine tablet (100 mg) and my antidepressants first thing when I got up.  But I slept well and long.  Had 2 cats in the bed.  Had a bloodbath but did not get it on the sheets.  So I felt pretty good getting up.  

I was up a pound but I'm not stressing, up and down a couple pounds doesn't faze me.  (Up, I mean).  Down a couple pounds I would be thrilled.  But it will come I am eating on plan.  I note I am often below limit on carbs (except on donut day), below protein, but right up there or a little above on fat grams.  It is easy for me to eat a lot of fat and I don't miss the carbs.  But I need to work on the protein.  

Speaking of I need to make my chicken salad for work.  The canned chicken was twice as expensive as the tuna but it is a nice change of pace.  And I think the lemon pepper will go well with it too.  Let me get a hair tie so I don't contaminate my food.  I don't want to find anyone's hair in my food, particularly mine, as mine are about 2 feet long.  Let me get that going.  

That's done.  Since it was chicken I let Biscuit lick out the can, which, happily, had a pop top so easier to get open.  He was quite happy as there were some nice little meat bits in the can.  He can do chicken all day long but I won't give him or Spotty a bite of fish as I am convinced it causes the stones that block them and would likely kill them.  In my opinion, fish kills male cats.  I would strongly suggest feeding another protein or at least don't make it the primary one.  I was quite upset to find a urinary formula for cats with fish as the primary protein.  I feel bad for anyone feeding that because I don't think they're going to have a good result.  

BUT I have had nothing but joy on the Iams Urinary formula for cats, in the magenta bag.  My guys love it, Biscuit hasn't gotten sick, I can afford it, I can buy it at my local store.  Lots of good reasons to serve it.  

I am kind of glad my budget is lean this week because I won't be getting unnecessary things.  I am really happy I don't have to worry about the cats while I am gone.  Jack is coming.  I will have to tell him he doesn't have to worry about the litter box when I see him tonight.  The cats prefer to use my yard, I can see the areas they move stuff around to "cover".  Particularly my front garden bed which I think is the urinal - but the plants have never looked better.  😂  So literally all he has to do is come in and feed them, check the water, go, probably take 2 minutes a day.  I will pay him I think that is fair.  I will also tell him it doesn't matter when he comes.  I want to make it easy on him.  

I have my clothes in the dryer waiting to finish.  When they are done I will be putting them up, one reason I like to get up early every day even though I don't WANT to.  I hate running around last minute.  The way I packed I can bring one pair of jeans, so I will have a fashion show in my bedroom next week on my day off and figure out which pair of jeans are going to CA.  Happily I won't have to worry about my cycle which was a pretty big concern.  I feel like I should be done with this by now.  

I would really like to get a full length mirror mounted in my bedroom (either one) somehow so I can actually see how I look.  So long I was just surviving I didn't care.  But now I do I want to look good, not to catch a man but just to look appropriate.  I would just get a mirror and prop it against a wall, probable cost about $10, plus $20 to get it home, but I am concerned the cats would bump into it, knock it down, and break it.  So I think it would have to be mounted to the door.  I will figure it out.  

I think I will go through and wear a pair of dark black jeans today.  I plan to stay on top of things, I have plenty of supplies, but you never know.  Ah, and there's my laundry.  I have a nice pair of black jeans with decent pockets (for supplies) that will work for today.  I laid them out and Spotty is on them giving them his blessing.  

I have about 9 pair of jeans that fit, some are a little big but most fit great.  I have a white, lavender, magenta, hot pink, light wash, one medium wash, and 3 black but only one with good pockets.  My work vest, however, has good pockets so I always carry some female supplies in there.  I also have some smaller jeans I haven't tried yet.  If my jeans start fitting looser I will measure, if measurements are down I would try them on.  I am at the stage where some 20's are pretty big on me but I am not an 18 by any stretch.  And in former weight loss journeys I would often wear smaller sizes even though they were too tight, it wasn't a good look.  I want to make sure the new size actually fits before I cram myself into it.  I got all the jeans but 1 at the thrift shop.  One pair of black jeans I got at work, they are cute but no pockets on them to speak of.  

My aunt will get down here eventually.  Dad gave me $100 when I got below 200 pounds for a week straight which I thought was fun, I have that earmarked for a trip to the thrift store.  I am hoping I lose some weight this week like I usually do and then maybe size down?  But I am OK at this size, it is a lot smaller than I was a year or two ago and that is something to celebrate.  

It was telling lugging that 10 pound bag home from work the other day and I have lost 16 pounds since June.  It was hard work lugging that 10 pounds around and I was doing a lot more than that a few years ago.  That is gone, that's a good thing.  I don't have to get to goal in a week as long as I keep eating on plan (which includes my weekly donut treat).  I did notice some of the water retention was gone this morning which is great, the rest of it will come off in a few days and then we will see if I lost any more.  

I don't want to be the person obsessed with scale numbers.  I want to be healthy and I feel I am doing that.  My joints are a lot happier, I was having some trouble with my hip and my knee (different sides) before I decided to do this and I realized I only had a short window before I had permanent damage.  

That's it for now.  I will do my God Time after my shower.  I am having problems with one of my Kindle Bibles so I got the old paper one out and read that now instead, along with some other devotionals I found.  I figure I can't have enough instruction.  

Now I'm done.  

No comments: