Saturday, September 10, 2022

Saturday morning

Another night of poor sleep!  I did realize something yesterday, lugging my bag to the bus stop: I can't do a weight workout before work.  It wears me out and then I don't have the energy to carry my bag, run across streets, etc.  So I will have to do cardio before and then weights after, on shorter days like Saturday and Sunday when I get home on the bus and am warmed up from that.  

I woke up with a headache, I think my carbs were too low yesterday.  I only had about 35.  Today is, God willing, donut day.  So carbs will be higher.  I took my Excedrin and hung out with the cats in bed for about half an hour before the alarm went off.  

Carb Manager was acting up but decided to behave this morning.  I am down to 191.8 so happy about that.  I checked my schedule, they gave me 3 days in a row off right after I get back from CA.  I work Sunday, 4 hours, then 3 days off.  I can do that.  I won't get paid much but I will have time to myself, do laundry, cook, etc.  I'm not complaining.  

I got the 2 Covid shots but have not had any boosters; so I plan to get a booster tomorrow.  My arm will be sore after that and I will just want to get home so I plan to do my grocery shopping today.  I need to figure out what I need for about a week and get that.  I have plenty of frozen chubs of ground turkey and one ground beef in the freezer; lots of link sausage as well.  I have a good amount of tuna and 2 cans of chicken.  I also have some canned ham which is pretty good.  I have lots of kale so not worried about that.  I also have hot dogs and some Cotto Salami which I have discovered I don't really like.  Will I eat it anyway so I don't waste it?  I don't know, it is pretty bad.  I also need to figure out cat food.  I have the end of a 16 pound bag and a fresh 7 pound bag.  I need to see how long a 7 pound bag lasts me, I wrote it down on my schedule calendar.  It should last about 2 weeks, which means just through my trip (not quite a week) and I will need a fresh bag when I get home.  So I will get an additional bag before I leave.  Not sure what I will get for myself I think I will need another bag of Walnuts and likely another block of cheese before I go.  

Underwear is dry it is so much smaller than I am used to. Every now and then I am taken aback.  I'm thinking "No way will this fit" but I am sure it will because I measured.  I will let you know.  

My cycle was about 1/3 what it normally is and today is Day 4 so pretty much done.  I think I will just wear a pad and call it done for a few days until it's all wrapped up.  Hopefully another long gap to the next one.  

I need to take a shower and get dressed.   Well I took the shower and did my God Time.  

One interesting thing about my diet is that I have nice strong fingernails now.  They grow fast, too.  All the protein I would imagine.  

The new underwear fit great so wearing them to work.  I think my 16W Gloria Vanderbilt jeans still fit OK so I will wear them.  Monday, I guess, I will try on all the jeans I own and see what works now and what doesn't.  I have several in my "smaller sizes" box and several in a dresser drawer.  2 I know of are going to be too big so they will go live in the garage.  But that's why I bought the smaller sizes, for just this.  When the tried and true gets baggy I go get the backup jeans out and wear them until they are tried and true.  And everything's already washed so I don't have to worry about that.  

Spotty has a hairball but the cats are otherwise fine.  I am going to give him some Vaseline if I can catch him that always does the trick.  My vet said not to use coconut oil.  

I am going to get dressed.  That's done, filled up my pockets.  These jeans have decent pockets.  Pockets are important to me but I could work with jeans that had poor ones, because I can always put some stuff in my vest at work.  I got my lunch packed as well.  

The 16W still fit great, they are comfortable but not tight or loose.  I think I will take the gray jeans to CA but these would be a close second.  I will be changing planes so I decided to just bring a backpack and not check any bags, which means only one pair of jeans.   

My cab should be here in half an hour; that's it for now.  If you pray I could use a couple for a good day at work and a good ride home.  Now I'm done.  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why did the vet say not to use coconut oil? Just wondering because my cat loves it. I know if won't help hairballs but is there any other reason?

Heather Knits said...

Something about the fat breakdown in the liver, you can call your vet and ask about it. That's pretty much what they said about feeding cats pork or red meat that they had trouble breaking down the protein.

But Biscuit has his cheese and Cleo has her plain yogurt. Spotty won't eat anything but dry food, not even Churu.