Saturday, September 3, 2022

Saturday morning

Work was pretty busy yesterday.  My feet felt better in my "water" shoes (waterproof).  Thursday my feet were pretty painful and I was not happy.  But I think the shoes and my feet are adapting to each other.  I also got some of those blue gel insoles and I put those in my shoes last night so should be extra squishy today.  

I had a minor issue of a boss accusing me of not doing a task I had been working on for hours, that was frustrating.  I can see why she has a high turnover.  They really need to do an exit interview if they are not already.  I think it would be revealing.  For instance: new girl started yesterday, I could hear the boss yelling her name for about half an hour assigning her various tasks looking over her shoulder.  She finally moved on and the new girl came to me "I am taking a break" it had been HALF AN HOUR into her shift.  And she needed a break it was that intense.  So it's not just me.  

Serious thunder began about half an hour before I left.  I was worried I would be slogging it home in the rain.  The street can flood on either side when it rains and I would get soaked trying to get across.  Happily it was not that heavy.  I was able to get across OK.  Ride home was uneventful.  Due to my shift I did not ride with the flirting driver this was a really young guy but he was a good driver and stopped at my stop, all I cared about. Note on the flirting driver, it was not the conversation so much as it was the intensity level.  

My parents were busy with the grandson so they called me later.  I had my phone with me in bed, lying down.  I was almost asleep when they called.  I talked to them for a while and then turned off my phone and put it on the charger.  

I woke up a couple times, and had a headache, but otherwise slept OK.  I spent some time in bed talking to God about my day and thanking him for the good things in my life.  Got up, fed the cats.  Weighed myself.  PMS bloat has me 3 pounds heavier today.  Some months are just really bad for that and this is one of them.  

My aunt had the keys made and sent them I should get them next week.  Then I can give them to Jack on Thursday.  I also need to buy some cat food.  I'm not out but I definitely need some.  

I checked my schedule, the vacation time request went through.  So I am good for that.  Some days are paid time off and some days are unpaid.  But should equal a regular week's pay.  

I made some dandelion root tea to hopefully help with the bloating.  Certain body parts are killing me.  

I got up early enough I can do everything today which is great.  No running around like I did yesterday, I barely made it out the door in time to catch the bus.  But I was glad I did my God time that is very important to me.  Although I do get a little nervous when the readings talk about God's discipline or how sorrow is necessary to build a good Christian character. 

I'll be back.   All done for the day (getting ready).  

I skimmed my email but will not go into deleting all the spam just yet, probably do that on my day off.  I am wearing my waterproof shoes because it is likely to rain today.  

I am curious to see when my cycle arrives, I have a couple weeks before I leave town so I guess now is as good a time as any.  But we will see what God has planned.  Day 2 is really heavy so ideally I would start Monday or Tuesday (I have Tues-Wed off).  I brought my rain coat and umbrella with me, the rain coat did a decent job.  It was I believe a size 22 when I bought it late January/Fed.  It was pretty tight on me then, now it is loose which is a good place.  It is bad enough wearing a lavender rain jacket worse if it is tight, but it's not.  

I wear performance t shirts (I got manic for them years ago and bought about a dozen in 2XL which still works for me) during the week when I take the bus to work because I don't want to get a cotton t shirt sweaty.  But on Saturday I wear a regular cotton t in the cab to work and then it doesn't matter if I get sweaty on the way home.  

I used a Dove bar I found in with my other soap this morning so I didn't feel like I needed perfume, there is some scent on me from the soap.  I don't want to have clashing fragrance or overpowering either.  I would rather go with less.  I use Arm and Hammer Ultra Max unscented antiperspirant/deodorant so that works with anything and it does a VERY good job, best of all I can actually afford it on my budget.  

I had a good quality time with each of the 3 cats this morning.  Last was Spotty he was very cute lying on me as I did my God time.  It is also good motivation to do my God Time because I get to hang out with Spotty, who has basically claimed Ron's room.  Cleo and Biscuit have my room.  I put a little step (footlocker) at the base of my bed so everyone has an easy time getting in the bed.  Torbie in particular really liked that.  She was pretty stiff at the end but wouldn't do any arthritis remedies.  But she was a good 16-17 when she died so that's a good life.  Apparently an obese cat only lives to about 10.  

It is overcast and gloomy, will be interesting to see what weather holds.  It is supposed to be 90% chance of rain when I get off today and tomorrow so I will have to be frugal.  If at all possible I will either wait out a storm or take the bus.  

That's it for now!  

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL. So god plans menstrual cycles now. You really crack me up.

Heather Knits said...

Absolutely. The Bible says a hair does not fall from my head without Him knowing about it so why wouldn't He help with my cycle?

Still rooting for getting it on my days off.

Anonymous said...

So God knows about each individual hair that falls fron your head and helps you with your period but didnt stop yiur mother from brain damaging you as a helpless baby. Nor does he stop child sexual abuse or physical abuse but he helps you with your menstrual cycle. You don't see the ridiculousness of this?

Heather Knits said...

If I were normal I wouldn't have a blog, wouldn't have married Ron, wouldn't have done a single Bible handout. God uses things that look bad to do amazing things if you let Him.

And don't forget I was physically abused as well. But I believe when I get to Heaven it's all going to make perfect sense and I will see how God used all my pain to reach people. I imagine there has been at least one person in crisis who was helped by the blog over the years.