Wednesday, September 28, 2022

Wednesday evening

 Well I had a wasp get on my foot and climb my leg (both foot and leg were bare as I was wearing my shorts) earlier.  That was pretty intense.  I was terrified to swat it as I worried it would sting me and it had a significant stinger.  I really didn't want it getting my foot.  

I went in the house very carefully, got a takeout menu and flicked it off.  I don't know where it went but it's not on me.  

I laid down for a little bit and worried about work.  The work app on my phone is not working anymore.  I can't figure it out.  It used to be when I got the notification code on text message it would show the code.  It no longer does that and when I open the text message the work app boots me.  So I have to log in and out in personnel but that is not always available.  So a source of some stress.  I will ask for a work phone they have been handing them out and see if I can get that to work.  I don't really want a work phone but if I have to I will.  

I don't think a new personal  phone will fix it.  I have looked at all my settings and they are fine.  I can only figure it is the app.  

Enough about that.  Spotty got up on me it was adorable.  My Mom is out of town visiting her "real" 😂 daughter I think.  So Dad told me to call his phone when I'm ready.  

I am going to check the mail.  The other night I saw a very creepy white guy walking down the street, not on the sidewalk and I just got a bad hit off of him.  I used to leave the front door unlocked when I checked the mail but not now.  My neighborhood is comprised of blacks, latinos, and asians all well groomed.  So a scruffy white guy raises a red flag.  

When I was outside I saw a brown tabby kitten, I am almost certain a male, and not fixed.  It was very skittish but obviously someone's pet as it was very healthy looking.  I am curious to see how Biscuit and the gang react if it tries to come in the cat door.  No, I don't want it.  I have enough cats.  I can't afford the ones I do own.  But I won't chase it off, either.  If I ever meet the owner I will tell them about our local spay and neuter clinic.  Male cats are often hit by cars as they reach adolescence and go in search of females.  It's a tough life for a tomcat.  

Females, poor things, are often pregnant by 6-9 months when they are still babies themselves.  That's why I got Cleo fixed first and then Spotty, back in 2019.  As far as I know the vet did not have to do an abortion on Cleo like she did her mother but I let the vet know I would not want to know anyway.  And I feel terrible about doing the abortion on Mama Cat.  I had my reasons, I couldn't manage the cats I had, but I do feel bad.  I just did it without seeking God's voice in the matter.  

So I would never blame a human for that.  It's not my place.  I have blood on my hands.  A life is a life as I see it.  Boy that got depressing fast.  

So I will talk to my Dad.  I am curious to see how Grandma is holding up she doesn't do well with change, but I guess Dad will tell me what he knows.  So far she is doing well; so's Dad.  

That's it for now.  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"I don't know where it went but it's not on me."

And that's the important part, isn't it! :)

Barbara