Tuesday, November 30, 2021

Tuesday

 Torbie became more lively about the time she started drinking out of the toilet.  I have to wonder about that.  She was fine today, stalking my aunt, eating treats, coming out to visit.  

I had a headache this morning but finally nailed it with 3 aspirin and a couple of pepto tablets (to protect my stomach from the aspirin).  My aunt came; we went to my bank and set up the estate account.  I didn't know this but estate accounts are considered a business.  Interesting.  

The banker has helped me a lot and is very nice, I like her a lot and hope she gets some kind of commission for the account.  We went to Walmart and got me some wool socks and groceries, cat food, etc.  Some snacks for work as well.  And one bad thing, a bag of queso chips.  

It isn't "bad" in moderation and I only have the one bag so I don't see me getting into too much trouble.  I also got more soy milk and invested in 5 pounds of shredded cheese I will ABSOLUTELY eat.  I love shredded cheese on a corn tortilla, very tasty and not high carb.  

We came home and put that away, then ate lunch at my favorite Taqueria.  They are really sweet and the food is delicious and cheap.  Then the Mexican bakery for dessert (told you it's my cheat day!) and then Academy sports.  I found some really nice wool socks.  I got some, enough to hold me through the winter.  I used to have a lot of wool socks and had given them all to "cold feet" Ron, then got rid of all his socks because they made me sad after he died (I wasn't exactly logical).  So now I rebuilt my inventory.  I got some more work shoes, one pair I have are starting to feel a little tired so this way I can just grab a fresh pair out of my closet as needed.  Then we came home, she checked my schedule so we can plan next week, and headed off.  

It is always nice to see her.  She is a very refreshing person to be around.  She also assured me she would respect my medical wishes if it came to that point one day, which is a load off my mind.  No one wants to be kept alive against their will and she won't allow that, anymore than I allowed that for Ron.  

She is on her way home now and then I will call my parents around 6 my time.  

Oh, I almost forgot.  I put my phone in the pocket of my sweat pants.  It kept falling out at home and then when we got to the gas station this morning I didn't have it.  I was freaking out and she said "I heard it ringing in the car".  So we went back to the car and I found it had slipped completely under the seat.  I never would have seen it or even known it was gone.  So I put it in my fanny pack and that worked for the rest of the day.  But these pants don't work for keeping the phone.  The sweats without a drawstring are fine with my phone but not these.  That is important to know.  

My decaf coffee should come sometime today and then I am set.  Oh, and I found my Dad's present at work.  He loves puzzles and I found 2 nice ones for him.  He likes them a little more complex than I got but I want him to enjoy it and not have it stress him out.  I already got her present so I don't have to worry about that.  

I am glad my Dad still likes things like puzzles to keep his brain active.  He is over 80 now and I want to keep him sharp.  He also does Bible study, church, reads, does adult education classes, and veteran's groups (he is a veteran).  My adoptive Mom also keeps him plenty active with various projects and outings.   

Oh, I also got (my weakness, nice bars of soap) a nice bar of Duke Cannon soap I had been eyeing online, "Illegally cut pine".  It smells really good.  I got the coco castille a while back and it is cleansing, scent reminds me of Ivory which is good, but not a great lather, so I will use it up of course but the next time I want a soap like that I will just buy Ivory.  Maybe I do need to get back into making my own soap.  I have considered it more than once.  I wouldn't sell it, though.  Too much of a hassle.  I really think soap making would be impossible in my tiny kitchen, with five cats running around, and some of them (Torbie!) are VERY nosy.  

That's it for now I will write more later if I feel led... 

No comments: