Tuesday, November 9, 2021

Early Tuesday Morning

 I went to bed early and slept about 7 hours.  I had dreams about Ron having Alzheimer's.  I will be discussing that with my doctor today and I guess that makes it more real to me.  Ron would have been so horrified to hear he had that.  He might very well have suicided over it.  But instead God took him via heart attack, and I am positive Ron would have much rather gone the way he did.  As near as I can tell his heart just stopped.  Not a bad way to go.  

So I am up at 3 on my day off which is fine.  The heater is running and I have a load of clothes in the washer.  I have them on SOAK then I will run a standard cycle, then run a cleaning cycle on the washer as I have been using it a lot.  I use the washer cleaning tablet once a month.  But if I use the washer a lot in between I put a half cup of vinegar in and run it on the clean cycle per what the repairman told me.  The washer smells/looks good so I think I am doing it right.  

I only plan to do the towels and maybe clean the toilet today.  I will take my shower later when the towels are dry.  😂  It is nice to have a new wardrobe.  I would like to grab a few tops in pastels I have a lot of black.  Caring for Ron: all I wanted to wear was black.  I have a few very bright colors like turquoise.  But no pastels.  I do have a cream colored sweatshirt I just love cream.  I bought a hat and gloves yesterday in cream and look forward to wearing them even though cream is not considered a flattering color for a woman with a "Winter" complexion.  Stark white is considered "better" so I may get a plain white t shirt to add to my repertoire.  Just so I have something to wear with the pastel jeans.  I am not used to wearing colored jeans they were always more expensive so I couldn't get them.  

Only big thing I have my phone appointment with Doc at 10.  It is a literal phone call no zoom.  He doesn't need to see me, I have lost weight, didn't shave my head, etc.  I had thought about changing my hair after Ron died but then decided I would not make any big changes the first year.  Ron took some psychology classes and that is one thing they told him, if someone has a big loss/change not to make any big choices the first year.  I think I have done pretty well, and I am over 8 months out.  

I have been considering working out again.  I need to figure out the timing on it.  It would probably be easiest to do it when I get home from work but it might keep me up.  I will have to experiment.  And of course I wouldn't do it Thursday or Friday.  But even 3 x a week would be a good start.  I am thinking a little exercise bike, a little Kettle bell and stretching.  Kettlebell by itself?  I don't know.  I do know I get winded running for the bus and I DON'T like that.  And it can only help with the weight loss.  I am getting to the age (almost 50!) I am looking at "use it or lose it" and I don't want to end up one of those ladies I see at work, obese, hunched over, pushing a shopping cart I use as a walker.  I see that a lot actually.  Not dissing them, I just don't want to end up there.  

My hands feel notably better on the Bath and Body works lotion (for what I paid they better!).  I use it at night.  I don't really use lotion at work because I am always washing my hands.  I am also wondering if I need to change up my facial cleanser if I am using it 2x a day instead of one.  I guess I will just have to see if my face gets dry and tight, if it does I will know.  My skin is still moderately oily not as oily as it was.  I have been told I will not wrinkle much as a result.  My Dad's skin looks pretty good and he did NOTHING for it.  The stuff I use now costs $3 a bottle so affordable.  

I will need to work on my list for tomorrow.  I don't need much.  I do have a coupon for cheese dogs so I will be getting some.  I love a good cheese dog.  You would be hard pressed to find something more processed but it is delicious.  I like them on a whole wheat bun which I can generally find.  Last year a few times they were out but overall an easy time getting the whole wheat.  I might make some peanut butter (actually soy) and jelly sandwiches for lunch this week I have a taste for one.  

I did a few moves with my kettlebell.  I am not in good shape I could only do 7 squats.  I will get better.  One thing I saw with Ron it is so easy to lose your ability to get around.  And once it's gone it's really hard to get back.  

That's it for now.  

No comments: