Friday, November 5, 2021

Friday morning

 Outlet timers are the widow's friend.  When I came home last night the air was scented from the plug in, a lamp was on, the Christmas tree was lit, and the house was very welcoming.  For obvious reasons I did not set my coffee pot to come on that late.  But I could have.  

It made the house a lot friendlier than it would have been otherwise.  I only use the plug in on the timer so the cats aren't exposed to it for more than an hour or two.  And they seem fine with that.  Baby Girl always leads the welcoming committee when I get home, she wants her treats.  I get in, put up my bag, wash my hands, and treat her.  Then I check the mail, come home, take off my shoes and all.  Call my family if they are up for it.  

Winter is a little hard for me because I have this really excellent gas furnace and the house gets SO toasty.  I keep it at about 77 degrees (that worked in the spring the bills were not bad) and put lots of blankets and quilts on my bed.  All the layers combined with the gas heater make me very cozy and harder to get up in the morning.  I am considering buying an alarm clock to put across the room so I "have" to get up because this has been a problem for me even before Ron died.  It is easier to get up in the summer.  

I do get a little chilled during my shower so I have a small heater for the bathroom, which is maybe 60 square feet.  Ron and I were in pretty good agreement on liking it warm during the winter.  About 10 years back I had a problem with hot flashes and that was an issue but not since.  He would always stand by the heater (when he could stand) and ask if it was too hot and I would always say no, it was fine.  

At one point years back I actually redid the thermostat.  That was interesting.  I don't want to do it again but it was interesting I was able to do it.  It worked for years, too.  

I woke up with a headache but a cold Mountain Dew took care of it.  Good.  We have Black Friday at the store today and I need to be at the top of my game.  It is pretty cold right now but I was OK yesterday in about 50 degrees with some wind and overcast, in my hooded sweatshirt.  I just pulled up the hood, which interestingly enough freaked out all the neighbor dogs who decided to profile me as a bad guy since I was wearing a "hoodie".  And these are dogs that never bark at me on my way to work.  

I'm going to take my shower.   All done.  

I tried on my thrift store jeans, the Just My Size 20W.  They fit great.  The No Boundaries midrise bootcut were very baggy in the butt (size 21).  I will be retiring them.  I hardly wore them.  So I am wearing the JMS ones to work today.  

I had a protein shake before I did my God Time.  I figure I will be pretty busy and a good idea to have it on board.  I am about ready to go but I have some time.  

I am going to go put on my support socks I was feeling lazy when I put my jeans on, but thinking about it I'm going to want the socks today.  

No comments: