Monday, November 1, 2021

Monday (but really my Friday)

 I had to get up at 4 to get to work.  I did OK with that.  All day I have been alternating depression and an average mood.  I won't lie, Halloween was hard.  It was a big holiday for us as I did the candy handout with Scripture booklets, Ron would listen to the kids and say 'Happy Halloween" to each batch of kids, etc.  I cried a couple times yesterday (unusual).  So I think that weighed on my mood today.  

I got to work on time.  Work was pretty uneventful.  I was given a button to wear, something about "Joy" to put on my vest, which I did.  We will see how that works with the grieving widow at the holidays but who knows.  I do try to focus on he is much better off in Heaven, how much he wanted to go back, how much it sucked to be him, etc.  But I still feel sorry for myself missing him sometimes.  

I clocked out on time and got a ride home.  I was ready.  I got home and washed my vest.  I hand wash it in a bucket.  Of course I had to empty the pockets and I had a lot.  It is all done now and hanging up to dry.  I try to wash it every week or so just to keep it fresh.  I watered my plants, which did not get trampled last night (amazingly).  

I had a total of about 70+ kids.  I had done up 48 bags of candy with the Snickers bar (full sized) and a Scripture booklet.  When I ran out of those I started handing out some 2 ounce bags of trail mix (packaged that way by the manufacturer) I had bought.  I ran out of those and was looking at the Peanut M&M's I had bought for my drivers, when I realized it was about 9 PM anyway so I could call it a night.  I did that and went to bed.  I didn't get enough sleep but I was OK with that because it was a good cause.  

I did have a nice shower this morning I enjoyed that.  I need to do something about my hands, they are very dry and ugly looking, much older looking than you would think.  It's because they're dry from all the hand washing.  I spent a fair amount of time at work (off the clock) staring at bottles of hand lotion this morning and decided on Jergens Ultra Healing.  They had it in a nice little bottle I can put in my vest (! Poor vest!) and not a big investment at less than $2.  I can use that for a few days and see if it works for me, if it does I can buy a bigger bottle.  It soaked in nice it just remains to see if it helps or do I need something else.  Happily the top screws off so I can fill it from a bigger bottle when I use it up.  

I am tired, I'm going to bed.  Take care and goodnight.  

No comments: