Monday, November 22, 2021

All day Sunday and Monday morning

  Work was OK but busy.  

I took a cab home as I was TIRED up 2 nights in a row.  Ate some dinner.  More digestive upset.  I don't know what is going on.   

[Next day]  I slept OK.  Just tired.  Torbie ate some treats, and some wet food.  So I am happy for her.  She slept with me. 

I am up, at 'em, and fairly ready to go.  My digestive stuff seems to have passed for now.  My only concern, I have to catch the bus in the dark.  It is very dark at the bus stop.  Will he see me?  I will have my reflective vest and a light that is about all I can do.  I have pretty much arranged a ride home from work (I told him I would be calling and he said OK).  

I need to talk to Jack, the Personnel manager at work said she would like to see me extend my availability to 10 PM all nights not just Thursday and Friday, so I will see about that.  My cab driver said he could help those nights, if Jack says it too I will definitely sign up.  Someone at work who works nights may be retiring soon so they may be looking at me to step up.  

I am a hard worker, when they see me I'm always working.  I only take my allotted time for breaks and lunches, I seldom use my phone and then only quickly.  I show up early and leave on time.  I am reliable.  I do what I'm told.  So we will see.  

From a financial standpoint I could use the hours.  And the compression socks do help with me being on my feet for long stretches.  Let me put up a link they are good socks.  compression socks  They even have a cute Christmas pattern which I will not be getting.  Because I can only wear it one month out of the year.  But they are cute.  

I have been thinking about what to wear to Thanksgiving and pretty much settled on sweats and a t-shirt.  The sweats will be comfortable.  I am a widow, no one is expecting me to dress up.  And I will have a nice amount of room to fit all that food!  She's doing ham!  I can't remember the last time I had any sort of holiday (Easter, Christmas, Thanksgiving) ham!  And I love ham!  I would never ask her to fix it but if she is I will be eatin' it!  I can wear my slip on "crocs" (Walmart version) as well they are comfy.  

I might do something "cute" at the last minute but I am not looking to date or impress anyone so I am thinking sweats.  Of course I got up at 3 AM what do I know?  I need to get dressed.  I am wearing my compression socks today; I have a couple hours getting to work and then 5 hours on my feet after that.  Well 4:45 because I get a break.  But that's a lot of time on my feet.  And then sometimes the worst part (although I would never share this with the guys) standing outside waiting on the ride, that concrete is HARD.  

Anyway going to get dressed, be back... All dressed.  

I was pretty sad last night.  The overhead fan died (ceiling fan).  Ron was so proud of that fan, that was his first big home improvement thing, not just a repair, he did... he got an electrician out to do a review, got a good fan with me at Home Depot, brought it home I forget how (all this in 2004).  Then he called the electrician back and installed it.  Ron felt it made the house much warmer in the winter as it blew the warm air from the vents down to the floor.  

He loved that fan and now it's dead, too.  I did several trouble shoot things it is really dead (I won't bore with details).  And I am thinking it is not cost effective to replace it right now.  So it will have to wait.  I need to save my pennies for important things not what I consider a luxury item.  

Look how long it took me to replace the toilet and that is not a luxury... we just didn't have the cash.  I don't miss any of that.  But I do feel bad about the fan going right after Ron died.  

The joys of home ownership.  But it is my house that is good to say.  

I am doing pretty good I still have 20 minutes before I have to leave.  I am going to eat a granola bar and do other things before I go, just wanted to keep you posted.  

That's it for now.  I have tomorrow off so definitely a longer post then.  

No comments: