Tuesday, November 2, 2021

Tuesday morning

 OK I'm up at 7 on my day off.  

I have made a decision.  A few weeks ago we brought in fuzzy slippers at work, put them where the sandals had been right next to the employee breakroom.  I have been eyeing them.  Now most of them are in the $10 and up range which is too much for me.  

That is one gift I got pretty regularly from Ron (asked for) fuzzy slippers every Christmas.  It's a good memory and a good one wearing them around the apartment/house and having warm feet thanks to him.  

They have some $4 and $5 slippers (less with my discount) on display and even in a wide width which I am.  I didn't look to see if they had a 9-10 Wide but they will sooner or later.  So I have decided to get myself a pair as of this morning.  

I went to bed early (around 8) and woke up at 6.  I laid in bed for a while and then got up.  Got on the computer, got dressed (don't worry I cover the webcam), fed the cats.  I like the large bags of the Iams cat food.  But one problem I have found the bag has cats on it and I have to clip one cat in the head every time I roll up the bag to keep it fresh.  I feel a little bad I keep bonking the poor cat.  It is just in the wrong place for the food level I have in the bag.  I like to roll it down pretty far and then clip it with 2 big binder clips to keep it fresh.  Other than that it is a good deal and the bag lasts.  I will get more.  

I may set up my Christmas tree today, it's going to be a bit taxing on my spirit during the holidays and I would like to have something refreshing to look at, at home.  It shouldn't be too hard to get that going.  I am glad I got the ($20) tree last year and set it up it was a nice "last Christmas" memory with Ron.  

I would like to get a pine type plug in but I don't think that would be fair to the cats.  They have a sense of smell that is acute, 40x more than a human.  So that is a lot to ask.  I may get a can of spray and do a little "toot" in the air now and then.  I still have the better part of the can of "lilac" I bought this spring.  That way I get something but the cats are not subjected constantly.  

I have taught myself to forget about my job when I'm not working.  Dad said something, unintentionally, some time back that made me realize I need to do that.  So I focus on that.  I am off today, rest at home, some housework (my floors are gritty I need to sweep), some laundry, some TV and computer.  Get out the tree (it is in the back of the garage) and put it up, bring out decorations but not decorate until Black Friday weekend.  Speaking of the store is doing Black Friday sales (some of them) this Friday so it should be interesting.  

Tomorrow it is run around and have fun with my aunt, day.  That is always refreshing.  

I had some issues the last couple days with digestion I thought I might have to take a laxative.  My body didn't like that idea and is now cooperating.  I find it funny, just the thought of the stuff...I had planned to take it this morning so I would have 2 days to process if needed.  I do think I will buy some of "Ron's" medicine it worked very well for him (I got rid of it after he died, now wish I hadn't but that's one thing out of many, many items) to have on hand if I need it.  

Generally my system is very reliable so it was a bit of a surprise.  I drank some decaf  coffee last night because it can work on me sometimes.  It sure didn't hurt, but I need more decaf.  I am a little low.  

My hands look a little better.  Go ahead and laugh at me but I think I might do a facial on them, something with "deep hydrating" whatever and put that on, leave it for 20 minutes or so, rinse off and see how that works for me.  People don't really see my face these days with the mask and all but they do see my hands and I am surprised how vain I am about them.  I have some sun discoloration on my forearms (particularly notable on left arm) I don't care about that but the wrinkly older hands?  I will see what I can do.  

That's it for now I want to get started on the laundry.  

Oh, forgot.  Dad took a photo of this liquor store.  Zoom in on the name, we both found it pretty funny.  



No comments: