Wednesday, November 10, 2021

Wednesday and a video blog

 I found some great deals today, Texas Thrift is definitely my new favorite thrift shop.  I got 12 clothing items including some NICE button down blouses, for $80.  I also got a couple of looks to be good paperback novels (one I have read, one by James Michener I have not but he was an excellent writer) for $2 total.  

My aunt was very nice about shopping with me.  But clothing can be tricky, I was doing everything from XL to 2X depending.  I got a couple jeans that are smaller so that will work well.  One pair was only $3.50 and looked to be in very good shape.  Everything I got was in good shape.  My aunt is a good shopping companion.  She gives good advice, checks for defects in the clothes ("Oh, Heather, it's missing a button"), etc.  

I wore a tank top - next time I will just do a t shirt because we both felt it was a little much with my bosom, as you will see from the video.  It is like "all" bust in some shots even though it wasn't my intent so if you are a guy prone to stumble that way you would want to skip.  

The blouses are a little small but I will shrink down into them.  And my sister told me once (older step sister) it is always better to err on the side of over dressing.  I got some cute tunic tops also.  

And that should hold me for a GOOD long while now.  Good.  But it is fun shopping with my aunt.  I got a whole basket full of clothes for $80 some places you spend that for one pair of jeans or a blouse.  

Later on at Walmart, I got some more Gain detergent and some Gain dryer sheets.  Although all the clothes smell fine this time.  

We went to lunch (nice thing about thrift stuff it is fine hanging out in the trunk for a few hours) and saw Ron's favorite waitress again.  She is now the cook.  She actually cried when she heard Ron had died she really liked him.  I think she is happy I am doing OK.  We had a good lunch at any rate.  

Foodtown for some lemon pies, and I got a little fruit including a persimmon.  I have never eaten a persimmon and I plan to try at least.  The fruit and pies were fine hanging out in the car when we went to Walmart.  I didn't spend much there I got the Gain of course, some sweat pants in a size down.  

A little about my experience with seasonal clothing items.  I have to get my sweats in the early part of the season because they are always out of my size when I really want them.  So I figured it would be better to spend the $7 now on a pair of 16/18's and then I have them when the 20's are falling off.  So I went ahead and got them.  

Something like the $9 jeans they have all year.  I don't worry about that except to have one size down from what I am doing right now.  

But I'm happy with what I got and it is a lot of fun to go on a spending spree at a thrift shop because the total won't make me freak.  About the only notable thing, I bought "This Present Darkness" by Frank Perretti.  It is a very good fictional treatment of spiritual warfare.  Anyway the cashier went nuts when she saw it, talking about the excellence of the book.  It is a good book.  I told her it raised important issues on the value of prayer, etc.  She said she could see demons after she read the book and was very manic.  And I thought oh boy.  That is why I take my medicine.  And why I got my medicine at the pharmacy.  Most of it they were out of the lithium.  It should be in a few days.  They did give me a few day's worth if I was about to run out (I'm not).  

Walmart did not have Biscuit's special food so I went to a pet store and got a 20 pound bag.  I got one some time ago and have been working on it for a while now.  I hope we don't see shortages on that.  

Let's see if the video is ready.  


That's it for now I may post again before I go to bed.  

No comments: