Monday, November 8, 2021

Monday evening

 Well it was an interesting day.  I got up early and went out to the bus stop.  I had my flashing lights one on the bag and one clipped to my collar.  The first bus almost passed me up but I flagged him down.  I rode up to the intersection and ran across at the proper time, only to hear my light fall off the bag as I scurried to safety.  

No I was not going back.  Bend over in the middle of the intersection to get my stuff.  Nope.  I said a sad goodbye to it as I bolted and someone had picked it up within a few moments (it was still lit).  The second driver said I was easy to spot in my orange safety vest and she wished all the passengers did that.  I got to work OK.  

I was scheduled to do one job but they took me off that and had me doing something they deemed more important.  I didn't care, I did it.  

Then I heard a ruckus by one of the doors.  A mentally ill man was raving about the beautiful people and screaming invective about Walmart in general.  Oh boy.  I found myself moving in front of a customer, getting between  her and the problem.  Sam Walton would have been proud of me.  Management of course dealt with him.  

Back to work.  Finished up.  Called a cab home because it is my Friday night.  Got home safe but forgot I was going to take a shower before I laid down for a nap.  Couldn't sleep, kept thinking about laundry.  

I got up, then I thought wait a minute, my aunt had told me to try the size 18's if the 19's were fitting me so well.  So I did that and they all fit great.  So I have 2 pair 19's and two pair 18's, including the purple jeans.  I put all the 20's and 22's in the garage.  

Today at work I got some gloves, a hat, and 2 pair of 17 jeans.  I sorted out the laundry and set up my first load, the "colors".  It started.  Then I found a hanky I had cried into recently, and blown my nose on.  I opened up the washer, it stopped agitating.  I threw the hanky in and shut the door.  And it didn't start up again.  It didn't do anything for quite a while which I admit had me pretty freaked out.  

But then it started again and I was happy.  I am doing my second and last load right now.  

After work I went to look at lipsticks.  And they don't make "Endless color" any more which shows how long it has been.  I have a sample tube of Burt's Bees I was given recently by a product sampler but that's it.  I will have to look around some more and see if they make a 12 hour lipstick in a rose/mauve.  That's all I want, I don't want pink or red just a nice mauve.  

I will go make my pulled pork TV dinner.   It is done but still too hot to eat.  I checked the mail, got the card (Thank You!) and the electric bill only $62.  So total for both bills (gas and electric) is about $100 which is $100 less than I budgeted.  I actually had a lot of mail.  

That's it for now, I may post later.  

No comments: