Tuesday, November 16, 2021

Tuesday afternoon

 Not just a Chicago song... 

I had a pretty busy day.  We went to the Walmart and got some candy (one that was on the way to the law clinic).  We went to the clinic and met with "my" lawyer and her student who did the legwork.  They both complimented the will it was done very well by my uncle, a retired lawyer.  The whole probate process is about done.  

Then we went to my bank and got the ball rolling on the estate account.  We also put the stimulus check addressed to Ronald Deceased and Heather (last name) into my savings account.  There was no problem with that oddly enough.  But hey I can use that in my savings, that a new water heater or half a new roof.  I can fix a lot of problems with that.  I was OK for cash so I didn't get any.  There is a process on the estate account, a couple days probably, but the ball is rolling on that.  

We went to lunch.  I thought my aunt would enjoy a Hatch Chili burger from Whataburger and I was right.  They are a limited time offering.  She ate half a junior, had like 3 fries.  That is how she stays so slim!  

Then Walmart I did my shopping.  Not much notable except lentils have almost doubled in price.  I was able to afford what I got.  I got some canned cat food to tempt Torbie but she hasn't eaten any yet.  But if she won't the other cats will.  They are pretty smart, when they see me with that foam plate in my hand they start begging.  They know what is coming I only get those plates out for cat food.  

Then we went to the Mexican bakery.  The manager is fairly surly but they make good pastry.  It smelled divine walking in there.  

I had my aunt get a photo on the way out (I only bought one thing, a cream puff, which I have yet to eat).  


Then we came home, I put my stuff away, and then she left.  I fed the cats a can and it was very popular.  I took my medication a little later than I ate but it still worked out.  

I plan to take a nap pretty soon if the caffeine will let me.  We'll see.  That's it for now.  


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great pic!

Anonymous said...

You look great. You can really tell the weight loss in that picture. And sounds like you are doing it the healthy way. Glad you are working in a "cheat" day also.

Anonymous said...

You look good!