Friday, November 12, 2021

Friday morning

 Work was fine except I did get shouted at a few times for something not my fault.  I am working on not taking things like that personally.  I wasn't in charge of the problem.  If you yell at me because I dissed a customer or knocked something over I will take it.  

I also wonder about people who have a bad experience at a store yet keep coming back to it.  Glutton for punishment?  Wants something to bitch about?  I don't know.  Like I said I do my best not to take it personally.  I was warned there would be some angry customers in my job.  

I got the light colored tops washed, a lavender/lilac top, the rose one with the lace trim, two blouses, and two blue and white blouses.  Those are all done and hanging up.  With thrift shop finds I like to run a soak cycle with the Gain and then a regular load.  I did that and they smell fine.  

Today I am doing 3 pairs of jeans, sweatpants (they call them "Joggers" now 😂), and a denim top.  A few other things as well like a black t shirt.  That one I put a regular unscented Tide pod in there along with a couple of Gain flings.  That should get everything nice and clean, fresh.  

Then tomorrow I will do the "colors likely to bleed" load some blouses with lace on them that will need a delicate cycle and very cold water.  Those will likely be drip dried.  

So that's it for laundry.  Today work should be interesting to say the least, they were doing a Black Friday sale.  It should be pretty done by the time I get there.  

Yesterday I had a terrible time on the bus.  I got to the transit center and my connection was late.  Not only that, when the bus pulls up this young guy gets off (driver) looks about 17, says "The horn is broken".  The guy who was about to take the route freaks out and says I can't drive it then, it's a safety issue.  So I had to wait half an hour for the next bus and it got pretty crowded with the guy picking up 2 "runs" worth of passengers.  That is the second time off hand I can say the bus had an issue that meant I had to get off and wait for the next bus.  The flat tire could have happened anywhere but I had to wonder if the young guy was blasting the horn at every intersection like some guys do and that's what broke the horn.  

So I got to work later than I would have liked which I felt set a bad tone.  But I'm not going to dwell.  I have to figure the driver that did get me really needed a Scripture booklet.  

I need to get ready for my shower, I'm going to do it when the washer drains.  I think I have good drains but could they take all the water from a shower AND the washer?  I wonder about that.  It seemed to work yesterday but I prefer not to do it.  

I had my coffee today it was delicious.  I used Community Coffee Decaf (a very good decaf) and a Tablespoon of Seattle's Best dark roast.  It was a nice dark roast, mostly decaf because I don't like a lot of caffeine in my life.  I won't set up the pot because I may make some tonight before I go to bed (just the decaf).  Happily I can get the decaf at work.  

I was down to 209 this morning so I think it helps I have cut back so much on the diet soda.  

Oh, yesterday I had to watch an Active Shooter video at work.  It bothered me.  I don't like the depictions.  The Run Hide Fight video didn't bother me as much for some reason.  Run Hide Fight

But it's common sense, run like hell, hide if you can't, fight back if you are cornered.  I used to think if Ron and I got caught in an event at work I would just throw my body over him.  But if I had to guess I am probably more at risk now than I was at the Post Office.  

But I could choke to death - that almost happened to me twice.  Once at church of all places.  It was a piece of candy.  The second time as a kid I found this chewy plastic thing and was gumming it, Mom came along "What are you doing?"  I swallowed, got stuck, she had to turn me upside down and whack me on the back several times to get it out.  Almost hit by a car many times.  Some near accidents riding in cars most of them on paratransit.  You get the idea.  So anything could get me.  

Look at Dr Atkins, a slip and fall on some ice.  At least it was quick (he did linger a while but never woke up).  I don't worry about death when it comes it is God's will.  

I know Ron is a lot happier now.  And who would begrudge him?  He suffered so much the last 20 years.  He used to be so vibrant, he would grab his long white cane and we would go anywhere on the bus, in a cab, on a plane, you name it.  Then he's just a bed potato moaning and begging God to take him.  Which, in fact, He did.  

Ah, the washer is draining.  I'm going to set it up to a wash cycle and then take my shower.  I'm done, now I have Biscuit on the couch where I wanted to sit.  I will just squeeze in.   I did that and boy did he squeak at me.  He is on one of his condos now it is his condo and not mine.  

The couch belongs to everyone, apparently.  Baby Girl in particular likes to lay on the loveseat by the window.  I'm going to get dressed.   Did that.  I had a little Spot man in my sock drawer, came out to get in my lap for pets and sniffs as I attempted to dress.  Spotty always wins that I give him the attention, he gets bored, then I get dressed.  He is not affectionate any other time, he will take pets but doesn't seek them.  

Now I have Biscuit next to me wanting attention.  I am fairly depressed, enough I wore a plain gray t shirt with my jeans.   And Biscuit is back so I'm goiing to go.  

No comments: