Wednesday, November 3, 2021

Wednesday most of the day

 Some things I just have to accept.  Like: I can be vain about certain body parts.  I don't worry about my face or other body parts but I am very vain about my hands.  

My aunt was a little late today but she was talking to the lawyer this morning.  Things are progressing, more steps but it is happening.  We went and got a soda, then went to Bath and Body works as I wanted some of their luxury hand cream.  

I had gotten a tube of $15 hand cream some time back, it worked very well as hand cream but I found the fragrance very triggering for depression.  I wanted something that would not do that.  I explained to my aunt, I felt my hands looked old.  She laughed and basically said you are almost 50 of course they do... and I tried the luxury hand cream in a vanilla.  Vanilla is great, you know exactly what you're getting.  And I was fine with the fragrance.  After a minute my aunt commented my hands looked much better (I thought so too) so I stuck a tube in my basket.  I bought some hand soap on sale.  BBW math it is cheaper to buy 4 than 3.  I got 2 vanilla, a cinnamon roll, and good old trusty lavender.  Boy, Ron hated the scent of lavender.   

We put that in the car and headed off to Walmart.  Some featured buys: tv dinners, soy milk (all they had was plain) and some Christmas decorating items.  I have a tree and some ornaments, one string of lights from last year and my extreme budget.  That might be a good charity if people were more honest, give a tree and some decorations to the family in addition to toys for the kids and something fun for the adults.  Anyway, I went over there to the Christmas section.  I wanted: garland.  Lights.  and maybe more ornaments.  I didn't see any ornaments that grabbed me, now if I can find some purple shatter proof I will grab that early.  I did find some purple lights, I got that.  They should look very nice with my multicolored lights.  I also found a combination pine garland with silver tinsel built in.  There are no long hanging strands of tinsel just a strand here and there in the pine garland, which should be completely safe for the cats.  Regular tinsel is deadly to cats.  I wanted a shiny red/gold garland but didn't see one and the pine will fill out my tree which I think can be a little sparse at times.  Lastly I got a timer so I can turn off the lights on a schedule.  I will come home to a nicely lit tree.  I love my timers.  I have one on the coffee pot.  I have one for the lamp in the front room.  There is nothing more depressing to me, than coming home to a dark and empty house.  Now I have a timer for the Christmas tree.  These timers are great for anyone living alone.  You can make yourself a cup of coffee on the timer, set it up the night before and go to bed, forget about it and sleep, wake up to a nice hot brew; come home to a lit and welcoming house; etc.  

I also got more female supplies.  I have some but I worry shortages are going to catch up to the female supplies.  No woman wants to run out, ever.  

We got some lunch.  I wasn't worried about the groceries in the trunk.  It was fairly cool and began raining when we ate.  I was indulgent, I had a bacon cheeseburger and a vanilla malt that is almost a thousand calories, literally.  I got some fridge magnets at an office supply store, and then I went to Foodtown and got some lemon pies which I had forgotten.  I also got some apples, and a canister of decaf Bustello.

My aunt wanted a Mexican pastry so we went to a nearby panderia I think they are called.  She had a phone appointment with her doc so I ran in and got the concha for her.  I got myself two cream puffs and the piggy thing.  It is a pastry shaped like a pig with an egg glaze.  Cleo loves to steal a bite and I like them too.  They are not too sweet.  

I also got a Little Cesar's pizza with one of my gift cards, that can be dinner the next couple nights.  

Then we went to my house and unloaded ALL my crap.  There was a lot!  She had to go, so she went, got home safe per text.  She did give Baby Girl a piece of bacon off her burger when she heard Baby Girl loves bacon, and let me tell you the cat scarfed that down.  

Yes, I know bacon is not good for cats.  Baby girl gets a couple of inches a month that is all.  I put it all away.  I tried to take a nap but couldn't, so I decorated the tree some more.  I put the lights today, and the garland, and stuck my "Merry Christmas" santa hat on the top until I can get a star.  I used to have a nice star that had lights in it but it got lost in a move.  I will keep an eye out.  

I brewed up some decaf coffee (I am using up my existing before I get more) to have with my pastries for dinner tonight.  I don't think I am going to weigh myself tomorrow!  

My parents are at a birthday party for my 100 year old step grandmother.  She is the only grandmother still alive.  My step sibs, two of them, are very close to her and are at the party.  To be honest I don't think she liked me much which is OK and her prerogative.  I was very blessed by my paternal grandmother who was a very kind lady and a strong Christian.  She is the one who told me about the rapture and I remember how happy she was when I told her I was saved.  

So I don't expect to hear from the parents tonight.  I did spend time with my aunt so not emotionally starved or anything.  

I have my phone appointment with doc next week.  My aunt, I think it is OK to share, had some difficulties with the video visit.  My doc just calls my phone at a certain time.  We are both old school.  That is going to SUCK when he dies.  He is not a young man.  But I won't worry about that now, maybe he is immortal like Torbie.  😂

So next week may be a little interesting.  I can pick up my medicine at work, before work, one day.  It is only about $25 a month.  And none of it is addictive I don't care if I leave it in my tote bag while I work.  Even if someone looks they will go "ew" and put it back.  

Boy it is raining I hope it is done by the time I have to go to work tomorrow.  That would suck.  

That's it for now, I will likely post again before I go to bed.  

No comments: