Tuesday, November 23, 2021

Tuesday afternoon

 I had a pretty quiet day, did take a nap with Torbie and Biscuit.  Pretty crowded in the bed.  I don't worry about rolling over on Biscuit he is a huge cat but Torbie is so dainty now.  We did have a good nap but I woke up with a headache.  I did beat the headache with a fried lemon pie and some Diet Dew I keep for headaches.  

I called my aunt to share some good news.  Seems like I have a sponsor for the ceiling fan.  I will just need to find an installer, I can get the fan at Home Depot.  The last one I got lasted almost 20 years.  Let me see what it was... Hampton Bay.  Good brand.  I hope they still make it.  

So I will figure it out.  Maybe one of my cousins can help he has a home building business.  I will of course buy the fan with the love offering.  

Not that I run around asking for money it's like God rains it down now and then.  It is very interesting.  I still do my charity donations I know one old evangelist would say God is rewarding me for that even in my time of trial.  All I know God is THE provider I just have to wait in faith, go to work every day, honor Him with what he does give me.  I don't give to a church because I don't have one, but I would likely not anyway (not much) because I feel more led to do things like sponsor a child (would love to do that but the numbers don't work), have my missionary (done that for a while), and such.  I like projects that help people's current needs while evangelizing them, which is one reason I started doing the Jesus wells after Ron died (not much but a little monthly).  They set up clean water wells in villages that need it, have a salvation message in the local languages posted up on the well, all are welcome regardless of faith.  Ron really liked that concept.  I thought/think it is a nice way to honor him with my giving.  

My aunt has 4 boys.  One lives up north, two more (including her near neighbor) are moving up with him.  I hope, selfishly, she does not move up there but of course it is her life.  We will see though.  I want her happy and she may be happier up there with them.  She could still see me now and then.  And I would be OK I could still run errands with the guys or Uber.  I handled all that on my own for a while before she stepped up.  I want her to have her own life but I would miss her horribly.  But 3 boys and all those grandbabies up there.... it's got to be a pull.  

Anyway I just need to buy the candy tomorrow morning.  I got paid today and need to put some money in savings but it can wait until next week.  Oh, and when I checked the mail I got an absolutely terrifying surprise, a letter from the IRS.  I opened it with great dread, maybe a screw up on the tax return... no it was a "we sent your stimulus" letter.  Not a good way to endear me, Mr President.  That's as political as I go.  I DO appreciate the $1400 that can pay a lot of bills or a home repair.  A lot of rides for that matter.  But for now it will stay in savings.  There was apparently no problem depositing the check even though it was made to "Ron, deceased, and Heather ___".  The bank was laughing about it actually.  They must get some odd stimulus checks.  

I need to check my cash, I need a certain amount to pay for 3 rides I am taking, two tomorrow and one Friday night.  I am OK for that.  And Yes I have a ride for Friday.  He had called to verify I did not need a ride Thursday as he is (of course) doing a family thing.  I don't know what I would have done if I had to work Thursday.  So we are on for Friday when I do need the ride, good.  

It is interesting having to rely on others for my transportation.  But I assume you drive, you are depending on your mechanic to keep the vehicle running so you can just go outside every day and turn it on.  You are depending on the gas station to have high quality gas for you to pump in your tank, etc.  It's just a different reliance.  

I had a pretty good day considering it's the holidays, my first ones without Ron.  I have never been by myself during a holiday, I was either in my Dad's house or Ron's.  Now it's my house... it will be different.  I am not wailing or playing poor pity me... it's just an adjustment.  But I think I am doing OK.  

I had done the lights on my Christmas tree but they were off balance.  I fixed them today and they look much better.  

My faith carries me and I am glad to say I have not lost it in everything.  I am more dependent on God now than ever because I simply have to be.  I am glad He worked me up to this over the years.  My one grandmother had a rough early life and finally found love, married, became pregnant.  And he died in front of her.  I think that caused her to lose faith even though she said she still believed she didn't show it in her life.  I want to show God in my life.  

On that note I got a Bible sale flyer in the mail... large print New King James with free shipping....tasty!  I don't need any more distribution Bibles but I look at those catalogs the way some people look at cars or wine.  "Ooh, I'd like to get that!"  

That's it for now.  

No comments: