Thursday, November 11, 2021

Thursday morning

 I got to bed early and woke up before the alarm.  To a thunderstorm, which was OK as I don't have to leave the house for hours yet.  Let's get that storm over with and moved on so I can just take my regular bus to work.   

I started a load of my "new" clothes.  I am running it through a soak cycle and then a regular load.  That will pretty much take up the morning, then I can dry it tonight or tomorrow morning.  It is pretty lightweight colors, blouses, etc. so it shouldn't take too long to dry.  I went through my closet a little more and found another sweatshirt and a nice mauve top.  The top is a 3x so may not fit (too big) but it is older so we will see.  Older sizes tend to be smaller than today's fits.  

My aunt got a kick out of the video which is good.  She was instrumental in getting it all.  

Torbie seems frail but OK.  It may be her time to go which is OK, she has had a nice long life of 16 years.  I just hope, if she dies, she dies somewhere I can find her and get her buried OK.  One time the cats brought in something and it died behind Ron's dresser, the stench was horrific.  I don't want to remember Torbie that way.  

At any rate I would love to pick her up and snuggle but she is not one for that.  She was a "I'll get in your lap when I feel like it" sort of cat.  So I will settle for petting her and saying nice things.  

I am OK with her going, because she is old and I have been expecting this.  All that said she may go another 5 years.  She is eating, drinking, and using her box.  Mostly using the box.  😂  There, I told you.  We will see.  

Nothing to take her to the vet over: "She seems feeble" not really a good one.  Not to mention they would do a lot of invasive testing she would hate.  She is not suffering so I'm going to keep her home.  

She is drinking water right now.  

So: work today.  I will take my shower, do my God time, get dressed with plenty of time to interact with Spotty.  Spotty likes his petting time when I get dressed so I try to budget for that.  Get my last minute things done and head out the door.  

I will be wearing my size 19 jeans (very comfortable the other day at work) and my mauve top if it isn't too big on me.  I have some water resistant shoes I will be wearing those as we did have a heavy rain this morning.  

That's it for now.  

No comments: