Thursday, November 25, 2021

Happy Thanksgiving!

 I got into Facebook some time back and told it to stop sending me memories.  What does it do?  Send me memories.  Not happy about that.  

I fell asleep OK and slept great until about 1.  Then I woke up with a headache.  Tried my "One Tylenol, one Advil" approach and that did help but the headache came back around 5.  I got up at 6:30, took Excedrin, went back to bed for a half hour.  I laid in bed petting my faithful Biscuit (not a new photo): 

I cried over him a little, he loves me so much.  He doesn't mind a kiss between his ears, either.  So I gave him some kisses and lots of petting.  I got up.  

Then I gave him and the other cats Thanksgiving breakfast.  I went with Mixed Grill which is a good choice because even Torbie showed up and gobbled away like the other cats, and has not gotten sick either.  

I made some cold lemonade for me but the headache is still around.  Frustrating.  I even ate a lemon pie.  

I got online for a while and checked my email.  Old Navy had a sale on jackets but I wanted one with a hood.  So I didn't buy it.  I deleted all the other sale emails.  I have a little in my checking account and would like to keep it there.  I have 4 hoodies that is more than enough for most of the winter.  We have a very nice vest at work in cream, one of my favorite colors, and also easy for the bus driver to see in the dark!  I plan to pick that up at some point.  

Now Cleo is tearing up the Mixed Grill.  That's actually the food I used to trap her before I took her to be spayed and vetted (she was not very sweet to them).  She really loves it which is why I did buy some cans of it last week.  Don't read the list of ingredients, it is a disgusting mashup of meat by products and fillers but the cats love it so who am I to complain?  

I'm going to take my shower and get dressed.   Done.  Torbie is on the bed, Spotty tried to jump up but didn't make it so I helped him.  He did eat some Mixed Grill which I loved because he never eats wet food.  If I didn't have (sick) Biscuit I would give them wet food every day.  

And it just hit me, how angry I am at the in laws.  Ron used to love Thanksgiving but turned into a surly, depressed, mope every year after they dumped him.  He really thought (as did one of his childhood friends) he had a close, loving, family, but after the accident all was revealed: they were only after their own interests.  They didn't care about him at all.  He used to call them begging to "just talk I want to hear how you are doing" and nothing.  It was heartbreaking to watch.  

Of course this year Ron is having a fantastic day up in Heaven with all his new/old friends, Jesus, God the Father, etc.  Better than any celebration on earth.  But it hurts me to think how sad he was every year.  I need to get over this: Ron doesn't want it.  God doesn't want it.  So I am going to go do my God Time.  

 All done with that and back from my aunt's.  It was fun.  Various cousins and cousins by marriage, their kids, etc.  

I did have a really fun experience.  As you know I hand out the candy bags with a Scripture booklet.  While the bus drivers call me "The Candy Lady" no one ever mentions the booklet.  But tonight we stopped at a gas station on my way home.  I gave both attendants the usual bag of candy.  My aunt said "Oh, Heather" on the way out and I looked, one guy had the booklet out, dug into it, and reading it.  Awesome.  

Now that is all God working on the guy God sent the booklet at the right time.  I'm just the courier and hopefully the person who prays for him diligently.  But it was nice to see I do help.  When/if the guy gets saved that is all "the dude" and of course God working.  I am nothing in that equation.  If I get arrogant God will take away what little I do and give it to someone else, I don't want that to happen.  But, like I said, nice to see.  

On the way home we swung by where I cross the street to verify the light is fixed, and it is.  Good.  Tomorrow I just need to figure out when I am leaving the house so I can get in a little shopping for my tree (lights and a star, maybe another garland), and get my dinner before I start work.  It isn't going to be hot tomorrow so I can take the chocolate candy with the booklets.   

I just put up I guess you would call it a door wrap?  A photo on a thin film of plastic to be taped on the door... this one a Santa with a Merry Christmas message, and some presents with holly sprigs.  I don't really want any presents this year but I am trying to keep my Christmas spirit,  which even 30 years of retail has not quenched.  Joy in Christ is always a good thing.  So I put that up but the photo I took has house address so will not be posting.  But it is cute and festive.  My aunt gave it to me.  

I want to put some more lights and a star on the tree (ideally star will have lights but willing to negotiate on that), maybe another garland, and definitely some ornaments.  Not up for ornaments tonight maybe Saturday after work or Sunday after work.  Then done.  Well I need to think about presents too.  But I don't think anyone is expecting much from me this year considering.  

I did just buy myself some CDM coffee with chicory I really like the taste and it will last me forever.  I don't go through a lot of coffee.  But I do like some in the morning.   My old coffee pot does the job every day.  I really like it with the timer outlet I just set it up the night before and hot coffee when I wake up.  

I am TIRED so going to bed.  

No comments: