Monday, November 22, 2021

Monday

 I just can't have a boring ride to work.  I left on time, got to the bus stop.  The bus stop is very dark and I almost got passed up, again.  I had to jump up and down, wave my arms, wearing a flashing light and a reflective vest.  And I still almost got passed up!  

I rang the bell for the next stop, which is the light I like to use...and the traffic light was completely out!  I had to ride down a mile or two to another traffic light I knew (it was very dark and I wanted to be sure I could cross safely and find the next stop).  I got off, still wearing my light and the vest, went over to the bus stop.  Two guys in hoodies (not black men) were staring at me.  I decided to assume it was the getup and not the fact that they meant me harm.  I got on the next bus (much easier) and got to the transit center.  I made my connection and I have to admit the next bus was much quieter at the early hour than it is when I generally ride.  I got to work OK.  

Work was great, very quiet.  I was cold so I decided to buy myself a sweatshirt, I did that.  I also got a drink and snack but forgot to get my sparkling water.  I was somewhat thirsty as a result.  I looked in Personnel for more availability forms and walked in on some people being disciplined.  Awkward!  I got out of there as fast as I could!  They should have put the sign on the door!  

I clocked in on time, did my job, and left as scheduled at 2.  I took a cab home because it was my Friday night.  I got home pretty quick and started some laundry, laid down for a while with Torbie but couldn't sleep, etc.  Biscuit got in my lap when I talked to my aunt and she started coughing on the phone.  I thought it was funny, dander traveling wirelessly perhaps.  

She just wants me to bring some Peanut M&M's which I can do.  I was worried about trying to bring a pie home Wednesday night but this will work.  The cats are all good I think I have seen all of them except Cleo, who likes to be outside in the backyard when the weather is nice.  And it is nice albeit a little cooler than I like.  

I have no idea what I'm doing for dinner.  I am tired but couldn't nap, I'm not hungry yet but I will need to eat.  The last couple days I set up my coffee pot to brew and had a headache in the morning which prevented me from drinking the coffee.  And this morning I meant to put it (the coffee) into a container and fridge it, but I forgot in my rush to get out of the house.  

I feel a little lost regarding tomorrow.  My aunt is busy so that's out.  I only have the one day before I have to work a long day Wednesday.  So what to do?  

I could go ride a bus to the grocery store and then take a cab home with my stuff, but I am pretty OK on groceries.  I do plan to sleep in no matter what I do.  I think I will likely hang out at home and relax.  I think it is important to recharge.  It is tempting to go go go run run run but I don't think that is what God wants for tomorrow.  I can do ALL the Bible study and prayer time I sometimes neglect.  There are certain things I do every day but a lot more I would like to do.  And I feel like faith activities are the only ones I take OUT of this life so I should do more.  

I wonder what Ron would say about that.  He believed, but did not read his Bible.  He didn't pray much just mainly asking God to take him (which He did).  He did help me on Bible Handouts and supported me in the evangelism but I do wonder.  I am not saying I would like to talk to him again; Jesus was really clear that won't happen (Luke 16:26).  I just wonder if I could ask for his advice (which I can't), would Ron tell me to spend more time.  I venture he would.  

I will see Ron soon enough.  So I will probably do that on my day off, do fun things like shave my armpits when I take my shower, etc.  I am doing laundry tonight hope to have it all done before I go to bed.  Or at least have the last load in the dryer.  I have 2 loads, light/colors and darks.  I am doing the lights right now, I have it on soak then will run a load; probably won't soak the darks as I don't think they need it.  

Still no cycle.  I am convinced it will try to show up at the WORST possible moment so I carry supplies.  And that was some deliberation tonight, do I take everything out of my vest and wash it tonight?  Or do it Thursday?  I decided Thursday will work.  I don't get "dirty" at work.  But I do like to keep the vest fresh.  Anyway I have supplies in a vest pocket if "it" hits at work, and I am wearing a pad every day until the cycle comes or I am convinced it isn't coming.  I still have some PMS symptoms so I am convinced "it" is coming.  Just, when?  I'm not stressing.  

As always a million things I could worry about but I am refusing to allow it.  That's it for now.  

No comments: