Tuesday, November 9, 2021

Well I tried to get a nap

 I took a nap about noon.  I had Torbie laying near my head and Biscuit down around hip level.  I woke up 45 minutes later with the overwhelming reek of cat crap filling my nostrils.  And there it was in the bed.  YUCK.  

I know who did it but I won't say.  Needless to say I got rid of the poop, stripped the bed, soaked the sheets, and stripped off the mattress pad which was also affected.  Bonus: did not leak through.  That would have been nauseating.  

So needless to say no nap, and the offender curled up so sweetly on the floor you wouldn't have ever guessed it was (that cat).  I didn't punish the cat.  

Not exactly how I planned to spend my day.  I am glad I ran the washer on the cleaning cycle earlier.  But, yuck.  

And I would so love a nap.  Oh well.  

Oh and you will never guess who sauntered by as I was looking out the window.  MAMA CAT!  I could tell it was her especially the tabby patch on her inside front left leg.  I went out and called her.  She stopped, turned and looked at me, and kept going!  Not interested in getting back to the kittens!  I had to laugh.  I spent what is now 2 week's pay on her at the vet and she won't even let me pet her.  I don't think she will ever forgive me for the pipe break.  I also suspect Torbie and Baby Girl were not nice to her, either.  

I also had my phone appointment with Doc he was surprised to hear Ron had Alzheimer's but happy to hear I was vaccinated and losing weight (not because of the vax, although if it worked that way can you imagine the lines?).  Some of the refills are already in.  

I talked to my aunt.  What I like about her I called later to tell her about Mama Cat and went to voicemail.  She was busy, and set a boundary.  I never have to worry about taking advantage because she has really good boundaries.  I can miss social cues so that is really good.  

I am also toying with the idea of applying for disability.  I was told I qualified back in 1992 but Ron said "Don't let them put a label on you, you can always get it later" and "I will take care of you".  Well Ron is dead.  And I have issues like not being able to drive.  Brain damage.  Mood disorder.  I will pray about it.  

The sheets are dry now just to finish the pad.  I really hope this doesn't happen again.  It wasn't a litter box issue.  I may need to make some decisions but I am not worrying about it tonight.  I can say it wasn't Biscuit, who was so sweet about me moving him out of the bed and then taking all the covers.  He was sleeping on the bare mattress.  Happily I should be all done before I go to bed, there goes the pad draining right now from the soak cycle.  

Anyway that's it for now.  

Edit: got it all cleaned up and bed remade.  Hopefully that is it for now.  

No comments: