Saturday, November 6, 2021

Saturday morning

 It was a pretty long night but I got through it.  Came home, talked to my parents.  

About the only blog worthy thing that happened I found a really cute mauve hoodie in the plus sized section.  This is the first time in my life the plus size offered something better than the standard sizes.  I plan to get it today.  

I got my schedule they have me working more hours the week of Thanksgiving.  I also got my availability approved.  For some reason they had it down I could work until 11 PM.  I cannot.  So I amended that.  Boss gave me a little bit of a hard time but doesn't quite realize how many hours I do get in my availability.  I have a feeling, for instance, it is pretty rare to find someone who can work a full shift Friday night and then turn around and work 4 hours on Saturday.  I suspect most people who want to work on Saturday want the full 8 hours.  So I will be happy when that gets processed.  

Pouring the last of my coffee just now I remembered the time Ron OD'd on caffeine pills.  He was working in San Francisco a full shift plus commute to and from which meant he was gone over 12 hours a day.  He started taking caffeine pills and they helped.  One day he took, I forget, either 600 mg or 800 mg.  The suggested dose was 200.  Anyway he had a "bad trip" he got very paranoid and was hearing things, very jittery.  I put him to bed early and he slept it off.  When he woke up he threw the pills out. 

He liked an orange soda at work now and then when we had the vending business.  But never really did caffeine in any meaningful way after that.  For me it has always been diet soda but I have switched pretty much to coffee.  It is much easier to get coffee and bring it home, vs. diet soda that is heavy and cumbersome.  Coffee is also notably cheaper.  

I have had my coffee pot forever, I may keep an eye out at work and pick up another one cheap if they have a special, keep it in the garage and then ready to go if/when the current one goes.  Although I do keep some instant on hand in case I don't have power for some reason.  

But I am waiting on the tax return and Ron's money before I get much.  I think my hours will be pretty tasty during the holidays so that helps.  

I think someone is feeding my cats.  They are not eating their food, but seem fine and lively.  Like, someone else is feeding them.  That is really only a problem with Biscuit, but I do feel sorry for whoever is feeding because they can eat a lot and cat food is not generally cheap.  

I used to have a cheap alarm from Walmart but it died about the time Ron did (my phone did also it was just a bad time with everyone/thing dying).  I have been using my old phone for that.  But I decided I would be better served getting an old school digital alarm placed across the room because Friday night I generally only get about 6 hours of sleep.  I bought another one yesterday, it was like getting an old friend back.  And it got me up this morning.  The nice thing about the cell phone I could have multiple alarms, with this one I only get one alarm, but I can work with that.  

Torbie is next to me on the printer, purring.  She's pretty cute.  I'm going to go take my shower.  

Done.  I put a little spray of perfume it is a knockoff of "Red".  It was really hard, back in the day, to find a perfume I liked that didn't remind Ron of some woman he had slept with.  But Red came out after we got together, I think, so it was new and safe.  The knockoff name is "A little sexy" but I would just say Red if asked.  

Not looking for sex!  

I am ready to go it is dark enough I will wear one of my flashing lights.  And I finally found a home for one of Ron's new, never used, massagers.  A guy at work has leg pain due to arthritis/injury I think and it should help.  If it doesn't he can throw it out or pass it on.  I will see him tomorrow.  

I am glad I fixed my availability even though the manager warned me it could affect my hours, but they have to say that per the form.  Most of my hours worked are between 9-3 which is well within my availability.  I have been scheduled until 11 some days and had to explain, have it "fixed" to 10 so I think they will be happy to do it.  And when hired I was told until 10 Thursday and Friday.  That will be a load off for me.  And I went ahead and said 8 AM start every day so that gives me some slack with the bus.  

Almost time to go so I will sign off.  Take care and have a good one!  

No comments: