Wednesday, May 29, 2019

Wednesday

I didn't sleep well last night so I skipped the early morning workout.  I didn't want to be sloppy when holding weights. 

I got ready, got Ron ready.  Our ride was late but it didn't matter, we still had plenty of time.  The poor thing looked really stressed out so we tried to make her laugh.  It was a straight trip and we got there an hour before the appointment time. 

One nasty review left on Google (about the dentist) said they were "11 minutes late" (probably later) and the office staff rescheduled them.  What did they expect?  They are working on a schedule. 

I filled out the medical questionnaire and handed it back to the office lady.  She was doing all the billing and scheduling in addition to reception duties.  I talked to Ron, I had my Kindle but he didn't have anything and was anxious. 

They called us back early and I got Ron in the room.  I have talked about Ron's poor dental care, I had tried to get him to brush or mouthwash this morning, and every time, and he said no like he normally does.  Today I told him they had a huge mouthwash dispenser as we entered the room.  I asked him if he would like some.  "I can have some?" he asked. 

"Oh, PLEASE" said the dental assistant.  I laughed quietly as she gave Ron a cup with mouthwash and he used it.  I am looking out for them. 

Then we got him in the chair (easy) and I put the wheelchair in the corner.  They took X rays and got the dentist.  The dentist almost swore when he saw the tooth, it was pretty remarkable, and he actually had me come over and look.  Ron split it in half, horizontally.  I knew that would not be cheap. 

Ron complained the worst part was the jagged edge, it kept stabbing him.  He was getting cut up by his own tooth.  The dentist said he could get rid of the pointy part and Ron should be good for a while, until we can save up enough for a crown.  Ron and I agreed to that. 

Then he got the drill.  Oh, I hate the drill.  Hate it.  Awful sound.  Ron had a look with his tongue and was very happy. 

Then we went and paid, a very reasonable sum, and got a quote on the crown (2 mortgage payments).  Then we called Arturo. 

I teased Arturo about the good workout when he put the wheelchair in the back.  "You're working your abs, your back, your legs..." he laughed. 

Then we went to the donut shop.  I find the dental experience traumatic.  The dentist is a great guy but I really hate going.  I think Ron does, more than he lets on. 

So I got six donuts.  We came home and I got Ron loaded into bed after a snack. 

I told him I had ordered some racks for the garage, and discussed how I planned to assemble them.  Not tomorrow, when they are due to arrive, but Friday, my day off (where I actually get the day to myself, except for getting paid).  I will get up early, have some caffeine, and go out in the garage and do it.  I will be better served by, ah, "pausing" my medication for the time required to do it.  Once finished, I can take my pills. 

One time I mailed sales tax without writing the amount on the check.  That was a big mess to be sorted out.  Ron had to explain I am mentally ill and on medication.  So I "pause" medication on sales tax day until I have that done, then I take it and get -well, "stupid".  The State of Texas was very nice about it, though.  We have had an account for almost 20 years now.  Oh, that's a lot of money we've paid. 

So I will do the racks on Friday, get my crap on them, and then figure out if I need another rack.  Hopefully I will free up enough room or an elliptical and/or a punching bag. 

I took a nap, Torbie joined me.  She is such an awesome cat, an ongoing joy to love.  We are going to miss her when she goes.  I won't replace her, though, Baby Girl took it so badly when we brought Torbie home I wouldn't want to go through that again.  I don't think Biscuit would mind another cat if it were nice to him. 

I had a strange dream about aliens and the sun, then woke up with a headache. I had some caffeine and talked to Ron, who was also up.  I got on the computer for a while and did some reviews on Google. 

I am now a Local Guide.  They like my reviews, apparently, and want more.  Our dentist only has 3 stars on Google and that is NOT fair, he is really good and a kind man.  So I left an honest, accurate, 5 star review for him and his staff.  Then I thought it would only be fair to leave one for Ron's pain doctor.  So I did that.  The pain doc already had a couple of 5 star reviews but another one won't hurt. 

Then I got into my workout wear and went to the exercise bike.  And there's a sweet little Baby Girl curled up next to the pedal.  [sigh]  She loves to sleep there but I can't work out.  So I got the treats and served her and Biscuit.  Then I got on the bike. 

I did a 20 minute workout and then did Kettlebells.  This time, I added the "half Turkish get-up".  It is basically going from lying down to sitting up, while holding a weighted ball in the air above your head.  I could do 6, with a 5 pound weight.  Plenty of room for improvement!  It is supposed to be really good for the core and I would rather do something like that than dedicated ab exercises, which always suck. 

The "full" "get-up" is not advised for people with knee trouble, so I won't attempt that.  This will keep me busy for a while, and it was fun, and challenging, so a good thing to add to the old workout.  I only do kettlebells once a week.  My other 2 days I do free weights. 

I finished that, took about 20 minutes.  Back inside and on the computer again.  I plan to take my Kindle and go to bed pretty soon so I can at least attempt to get 8 hours of sleep. 

Our pickup is very early tomorrow, but we'll be done (God willing) when most people are having their first break. 

No comments: