Sunday, May 26, 2019

"Enjoy your shower"

I woke up around 7.  I was pretty stiff so I got on the computer, moved around the house for a while before I did my workout. 

Ron went in the kitchen and drank, then went back to bed.  It was pretty ugly pouring him back into bed.  It is a good thing he has a carpet in the bedroom. 

He was hungry so I fixed him some Chinese food, he liked that.  I felt loose enough by this point to try my workout, but I had a problem. 

My exercise bike is pretty much flush against a wall, there's a small gap of about 18 inches.  Baby Girl loves to go into that gap and lie down on the floor.  If I were to pedal the bike, I would hit her in the head. 

So I had to lure her out.  However, I have a secret weapon.  Temptations Shrimpy Shrimp.  I shook the bag and she came to me.  So did Torbie and Biscuit.  It was treatin' time! 

I don't often treat the cats, I leave that to Ron because it is one of the only interactions he can have with them.  He can't look at them and he can barely pet them, can't pick them up, so I let him be the treat guy.  But I needed her to move. 

I gave the girls the shrimp treats, and gave Biscuit his Royal Canin Urinary SO treats.  We are almost to the bottom of the bag on them.  I will need to order more. 

They left me alone after the treating.  I was able to use the bike.  I did my warmup and then did 30 minutes of intervals.  My heart rate was right where it should be.  My legs and back felt fine. 

I did the workout and checked on ron, he did not need anything.  Then I went out in the garage with my notebook (I log all my workouts) a powerade, and a towel.  I prefer the Powerades because they have a stronger flavor.  I am especially fond of the fruit punch. 

I went out in the garage and did deadlifts, then my upper body/back workout.  It had me shaking by the end.  But I did it all (except some of the abs I wanted). 

I staggered back in the house, covered in sweat, my hair dripping, clutching my notebook.  I put the notebook back on the exercise bike and stripped down.  And Ron wanted more food.  I got that for him, then brushed out my sweaty, tangled, hair.  I verified he didn't need anything before I took my shower. 

I did that, washed my hair out and it is nice now.  I can see why I always cut my hair, in the past, when I worked out, it is inconvenient.  But Ron likes it long, and it is easier long than getting it cut all the time, short. 

I came out of the shower, checked on Ron.  He wanted more food and asked me when I was going to take my shower.  I brought him his food and he told me to have a good shower. 

I attribute that to the pain killer.  It can confuse him.  He finally processed I had finished. 

He loves the Chinese food, glad I got what I did for him.  It has all sorts of vegetables in it which is good for him as he never eats them.  It also had mushrooms in it.  Ew.  That is the drawback of being sighted, we can pick the mushrooms out and Ron just eats all of it. 

I got back on the computer for a while and watched some TV, then laid down for a nap.  I had Biscuit and Torbie when I laid down, but only Biscuit when I woke up.  He was adorable and precious and got kisses.  He didn't mind them, either.  He is such a sweet boy, I can't believe someone threw him out and then someone else kicked him in the head.  Just blows my mind when I really think about it.  But he's mine now and very pampered. 

Ron was right to suggest we get the bladder treats, Biscuit really enjoys eating his special treats and I don't have to worry about them making him sick. 

I woke up with a headache but I ran it off with one of my instant drinks.  I got on the computer for a while. 

I am about at the point where I think the next thing I need to do in the garage is get some shelving, NOT another piece of equipment right now.  I can set up the shelf in the middle, then push it against the wall when I am done.  Then I can reorient the fitness equipment I have - I am so sick of going over the weight bench every time I need a dumbbell.  I think I will work on that tomorrow.  I want to turn everything 90 degrees so the squat rack is facing the garage door, the bench is inside that, and free access to the dumbbells.  Worst case if I hate it I can push it back. 

So I'll get that done, then the shelving.  Then measure and see what I want. 

I am thinking ideal would be both a punching bag and an elliptical.  Possible I could squeeze them both in.  I will have to see. 

I am trying to be stingy with the money in my online account but I did have to get groceries.  It is a shame Walmart stopped selling the Diet Mountain Dew but probably a good thing for my health.  I want to keep that money available for something if I want. 

That's just practical.  But I will probably get Biscuit's treats this week because I want to have a good supply of those on hand.  The girls can eat any old crap, Biscuit cannot. 

I am not going through him getting sick again.  I will never forget how surprised they were when I said his symptoms had started 40 minutes ago!  I guess most pet parents wait a while!  Glad I have all the money saved for their checkup, too.  I want to throw another hundred in there but it isn't urgent, and I have until July. 

I am having one problem with the cats.  As you know, I bought padded floor tiles to put on the floor so I can do floor work (abs, etc) on the concrete.  However, the cats have found it to be a delightful scratching experience.  Agh!  It's a good thing I didn't spend a lot of money. 

I'm a little manic from the caffeine but it will probably go away if I eat something.  I'll try that. 

I need to call my Dad in a couple of hours, they asked me to call today instead. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Who the frig cares if ron likes your hair long. He is a blind drunk and won't know the difference either way. Honestly why you cater to that man is completely baffling. You would like a husband who didn't get blackout drunk and who isn't verbally abusive and YET we do not see ron catering to you and changing his behavior. If you want to cut your hair then cut your damn hair. No one that reads your blog gives a rats ass what ron likes and what he doesn't like.

Heather Knits said...

As I said, I don't want to maintain short hair by running to the salon every 6 weeks (my hair grows fast). I have it long for that, and also because Ron likes it long.

Ron always had facial hair from the time we met. One time some coworkers talked him into shaving it all off. He popped out and surprised me one day. I was horrified and very vocal about how much I hated it. I like him with "hair". So he has always had facial hair since. We accommodate each other.

Funny thing, I don't like other guys with a beard, usually.