Monday, May 13, 2019

Monday afternoon

I can't have a boring day. 

Our driver was early and knocked on the door.  I realized later he did it because he wanted to hurry us, so he could get rid of the client already in the car. 

We went out, two people in the vehicle.  The woman had 3 large tote bags.  The (young, non-disabled) man was in the front seat.  There was no room for Ron and I in the seats, he had to ride in the back.  He had talked about maybe riding in the back anyway.  He has more trouble "transferring" (getting in/out of wheelchair to/from seat) in the cabs. 

So he rode in the back.  The woman greeted me like a long lost relative.  I didn't know her.  She was manic, babbling about everything, interrupting, giving bad directions, etc.  It was exhausting to experience. 

At one point she mentioned our business and made a comment about us "making a lot of money".  Both Ron and I laughed.  WHY would we be riding public transit if we made a lot of money?  That is the first thing we'd do, buy a vehicle and hire a driver. 

She persisted in the whole concept; if she'd had a good vocabulary she would have accused us of being coy.  She complained she broke her laptop and I mentioned they are all crap and break easily.  She asked us for money to buy another one.  Like we had it and we just hand it out to random strangers.  I told her we didn't have that kind of money, she kept saying she wanted us to give her money. 

I told her, again, I don't have money to spare and suggested she buy a desktop, as they are much more reliable and longer-lived.  She began babbling about how she wants to "just pick up and go without that big heavy thing, just a laptop come on give me the money".  The driver was snickering under his breath, her companion (son?) in the front seat totally ignored us. 

We finally got to her destination and she picked up all her bags.  She left, the door shut behind her. 

"She needs lithium, that woman is manic!" first words out of my mouth. 

The driver was unfamiliar with the area so I gave him directions to the restaurant. 

We arrived right after a large party of a dozen.  The restaurant employees were scrambling around trying to figure it out.  We had to wait on them to get sorted out before we got seated, even though we were a simple party of 2. 

Ron got upset when I told him they didn't have BBQ chicken.  They had chicken strips, and they had BBQ, but not both.  The waitress came up right in the middle of that, brought our drinks, and started talking at the same time as Ron.  It was impossible, something had to give.  I told the waitress "Come back later" rather abruptly.  She left. 

I got Ron sorted out, he could get chicken strips with BBQ sauce.  He also wanted the fried onion bits.  We placed the order with another waitress, she was very nice, and I asked her to tell our waitress I was sorry I had been abrupt.

The food was ready pretty fast and the waitress brought it out, everything was fine except my chicken strips came with ketchup and not BBQ.  But they had also put ranch in the basket so I just dunked everything in that. 

Ron had calmed down by this point and we ate our food.  He gave me my pay early.  He also gave me some money to buy a heart rate monitor earlier.  He apologized for being rough and said I had done a good job ordering his dinner. 

We had a good meal, paid, left a really good tip, and had a good ride home.  Ron went straight to bed.  Both Baby Girl and Torbie got into bed with him.  He has a twin, it is very crowded.  Ron is happy with Baby Girl in bed.  He loves lying down with her. 

Torbie likes to hang out with me when I'm in bed, but I guess Ron will do.  Torbie is pretty sweet to everyone.  She only avoided one visitor who had pit bulls. 

I took care of some accounting stuff, Ron has more money now.  I didn't do much picking up (we have the cable guy coming tomorrow) but I can do that tomorrow. 

I also made my grocery order.  I set that delivery for an hour before the cable guy. 

Tomorrow's plan: get up, do cardio for a little bit, do kettlebell workout.  Shower, dress.  Lint brush Ron's sheet if he won't let me take it off and wash it, make sure he doesn't have anything embarrassing hanging out in public view, clear room for the tech to work (I also need to do this in the front room).  Take a nap, if possible, get up, get grocery delivery, put it away.  Help tech and get everything upgraded. 

I have enough money now to pay for the cats' vet visit in July, including their flea treatment.  That's a relief.  My "extra" money can go to my emergency fund. 

Example: I always bring cab fare when I go out with Ron.  One time, years ago, he was a total asshole and refused to give me a ride home.  I had no cash and had to beg him for bus fare, and he made me crawl.  It was an absolutely horrendous moment and I swore I would always carry cab fare.  So I carry it.  Even if he is "fine".  Because he may not be, later. 

Very sad that I have to do this.  I was hoping to end the blog on a better note. 

No comments: