Saturday, May 25, 2019

It has to be gray

I didn't do a post for yesterday. 

I skipped my morning workout, went to the bank with Ron and made our deposit.  Then we went through a drive through on the way home in a cab. 

I ate my food at home, took my pills, took a nap.  Pete called, he wants to paint our house.  That would be great.  He asked me what color I wanted, I said I would love purple but it has to be gray.  I can live with gray and the homeowner's association said it was fine. 

So we will see.  I put several Gatorades in the fridge in case he does do it. 

I took a nap.  It always takes me a couple of days to catch up after drama.  I had a pretty good nap but woke up with a headache.  I had a caffeine drink (60 mg) and that helped.  When I felt better I got on the bike and did my workout.   I wanted "longer" than 30 minutes but didn't feel up to 45 (ideally that will be my max workout), so I did 35.  No shame in working my way up.  It reminded me of some of the "long runs" I used to take. 

I got off the bike and got ready for my grocery delivery.  She came right on time and was very nice. They are all super nice and professional, I really like seeing them.  She was thrilled with her cash tip.  We got everything in the garage and she warned me I had some cold items.  Then she left.  I put everything away. 

They subbed strawberry yogurt for lemon, and plain kefir for blueberry.  I can live with that, it's a holiday weekend.  "Oh, let's get some kefir for the BBQ!"  [snort]

I got my kindle out and started reading, I had just charged it.  It demanded another charge.  So the battery is going.  I have had it for several years.  It was actually a gift from my aunt after my old Kindle died.  For now, I am just reading with it plugged in. 

I did some looking, the new kindle has a light built in, that's nice.  I don't care about dots per inch, what I have is fine, and the basic model has the same features, but also a light.  More storage too.  It's about $100. 

So I have various priorities:
Get shelving for garage (about $100 each)
Get cardio thing for garage ($200+)
Get Kindle (about $100) 

Not necessarily in order but I will need to do some hard thinking about what comes first.  I should also get an eye exam pretty soon and a new pair of glasses, these are pretty old.  America's Best (not far from the house) say they can do that for $100, 2 new bifocals with a line and an exam.  I should probably do that first, then shelving, Kindle, and then cardio thing. 

Hopefully I will have a better idea what sort of cardio thing I want.  I keep coming back to an elliptical. 

No comments: