Monday, May 27, 2019

Monday morning

I slept pretty well but had odd dreams.  Biscuit was also hogging the bed.  Ron has offered to buy me a larger bed but I don't think it would solve the problem. 

I got up, got dressed, drank a lemonade.  Everything I drink is sugar free with very rare exceptions.  Ron got up.  He was very confused talking about our trips for tomorrow.  I found that profoundly disturbing at first but then figured he had just taken a pain pill.  It made me feel better, at any rate.  I helped orient him to the trips we needed. 

A ride to work
A ride to the doctor
We already had a ride home. 

It took a lot of explaining and used up most of my patience, but he called and made the ride to the doctor.  I just spied on his trips, yeah, they are OK. 

When I found myself nearing my breaking point (especially as he started in with the vodka) I went out in the garage.  I wanted to shift my arrangement.  I basically had everything facing south, I shifted it so it faced west. 

It involved moving virtually all my weights, kettlebells, barbells, and weight plates in two sizes, taking a heavy weight plate off my "leg machine", etc.  Then I had to push it into proper position.  I got that.  Then I placed it correctly and then put everything back. 

I moved my olympic (big hole) plate tree and put all my plates on it.  I have plenty for a while.  I organized all my standard plates (more used) and I have plenty.  I am leaning strongly towards getting those "make your own dumbbell" kits where you put the plates on a handle yourself.  And I swept.  It all looks very tidy now but the weight equipment does take up a large amount of room.  I am going to have to get racks and "rack" my other stuff before I have room for ANYTHING. 

I wished I had worn a headband, I lost one of my headbands but I found the ones I like on Amazon, I will likely be buying more today.  I was dripping with sweat. 

I took the floor fan and set it up, plugged it in.  That was nice and refreshing.  I pulled my shirt up so I got a good draft!  [grin]

I went back in the house.  Ron was pretty soaked (drunk).  I later found rice all over the floor so he got into his Chinese food while I was outside.  I coaxed him into going back to bed.  He did a pretty good job of getting into bed but I helped him anyway. 

He told me yesterday he had trouble getting off the toilet (If I had to choose, I would rather difficulty getting off, than on), he couldn't push himself up.  I told him we have a toilet safety frame out in the garage (we do) and I could set it up in minutes.  He said he didn't want that.  He tried to get up from his wheelchair and did OK,said he was 'fine now"

I need to get him on some sort of program so he can keep what he has, at least.  I can only help him so much.  And, as I typed that, he yelled for me. 

I went back and he was mumbling gibberish.  I managed to figure out he wanted something to eat, so I heated up some leftover Chinese food for him.  He is eating it with great relish right now. 

I need to take a shower after all my activity this morning so I will do that, but I'll check on him before I go.  I also fed Biscuit lunch.  He was very cute, but he only started begging when I went near his bowl.  Just in case I hadn't figured out he was hungry.  He is gobbling away right now. 

I have to figure God will give me the strength to take care of Ron, and let me know when it is time to place him.  Of course I wouldn't abandon him once placed, I would make sure it was on a bus line and visit. 

And I have to go back to the question: would I really rather have him more logical and in severe pain?  No, of course not.  If the pain pills make him confused I can live with that.  I just hate to see it, it scares the crap out of me.  No other way to put it. 

So I got him to bed, then I did 30 minutes on the exercise bike.  I like to do some cardio on days I don't train with weights.  I won't be doing much at all tomorrow, running around all day. 

Now I just need to take my shower, dry off, and take a nap.  I will be very busy tomorrow. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is he taking the *correct* dose of pain pills, spaced apart correctly?

My grandma was hooked on opioids (and she did not need them). She took however many she wanted, and you could tell when she had more than a normal dose because she was “confused” and totally stoned. And she didn’t top it off with vodka (I would hate to see what rons liver looks like)

Heather Knits said...

He often forgets a dose of his pain meds, enough that I remind him when I remember.

I agree about his liver, but the tests keep coming back normal. Alcoholics in his family going back and they all lived to their 90's so good liver genetics.

He has been pretty soaked all day and telling me how great I am, how much he loves me. I'm just glad he didn't fall on the floor. It is actually pretty sad to watch.