Tuesday, May 14, 2019

Up at 2 am, on my day off, with a headache

I woke up at 2 AM with a severe, persistent, headache.  I got up and drank a Mountain Dew.  I inadvertently made a little noise, which delighted Ron, who was awake. 

He came out and said he had seen The Notebook.  He felt really bad for the couple battling dementia.  We talked a little about dementia and what we would do.  Ron accepted that would mean a placement for him.  I reminded him of the other day when he was hallucinating and said things like that would expedite his process.  He didn't like it but he understood, he doesn't want to be a burden. 

Stop laughing.  I heard that.  I told him it would be ironic if I were the one with the dementia issue.  He was utterly horrified at that and said he would have to go in a nursing home, we would lose the cats and house.  That's why I take care of myself. 

I finally went back to bed.  I slept a little but not well.  I got up at 7, still had a bad headache.  I had another Diet Mountain Dew which didn't help much. 

I finally decided to do my workout anyway, even though I felt like crap.  I got on the bike and did a 10 minute warmup.  Then I drank some electrolyte mix.  As it turns out that seems to have helped. 

I went out in the garage (I had the door to the garage propped for the cats) and started my workout.  I was doing kettle bells so I worked my way up to the heavy bells.  I started with 5 pounds on the swings and worked my way up to 20 pounds.  It was a good challenge. 

Then I moved onto the other exercises.  Torbie came out to watch me for a while, but stayed out of the way.  Somewhere in there most of the headache ran off, so I was glad I had gone out and done it in spite of feeling crappy.  I finished the kettlebell part of the workout and then did some stretching,exercises right out of my book.  I had a very good pull in my back on the last one, I felt like tension was being released.  Then I went back in the house and had another electrolyte drink.  They come in packets of 10 to a box,about $2 a box.  I have a couple of boxes. 

Ron wanted to eat so I helped him with that.  I went in his room.  Bad odor.  Not surprising.  Ron will clean himself up later and give me his dirty clothes.  The sheet was OK except for the cat hair so I got out the lint brush and cleaned that.  I need to clean the floor and make a path so the tech can access Ron's box.  I dug around and found one lonely air freshener so I plugged it into the proper receptacle in his room.  It can't hurt.  It's one of those "fresh" aromas so it's not a heavy floral or something he wouldn't like. 

I need to take a shower and then try to take a nap,then get up and clean Ron's room for a while.  I don't need to wash the sheet since I got it with the lint brush.  I will remember to do that more often.  All the cats like to sleep with Ron because he spends so much time in bed. 

I need to get some odoban or something and hit the mattress and the carpet. I have a carpet cleaner out in the garage but it has not been very effective in the past.  I won't try it today (it is very loud) but might do something tomorrow. 

I need to get some carpet cleaner solution, come to think of it.  I'm sure my old solution is worthless. 

First I need to pick up the floor, sweep, and then vacuum.  Then carpet cleaner.  My room and the computer room are fine but I want to get rid of that odor. 

And don't say "get rid of Ron". 

I need to hurry up and get my shower done. 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The man uses his bedroom as a urinal and you are wondering what that SMELL is in his room? Get real. Not to mention that poor tech that will have to go into that biohazard of a room to do his work. I hope you told them to make sure he wears full hazmat gear so that he doesn't get hepatitis or staph infection while he is there.

Heather Knits said...

Ron has donated blood, he is totally clean in that regard. Amazing considering how promiscuous he was. But plenty of people walking around with his blood so there's that.

The room got better after I got Ron a bath and got rid of his dirty clothes. I also have the air freshener in there chugging away.

My headache came back in a very ugly fashion so I wasn't able to do the cleaning I wanted but it is OK.

And he only pees in the bottles.

Anonymous said...

Really when is the last time he donated blood? Seeing as he is iron deficient I can only guess it has been a very long time. Staph infection and MRSA thrive in unclean environments and he has had that before from the sores on his legs. Not to mention that he pisses and defecates on himself during blackouts. So there's that.

Anonymous said...

Maybe your headaches are related to the urine and bodily stuff going on in the home. Bad air quality. Eek.

Heather Knits said...

The toilet accidents tend to happen on the tile floor.

It's been a few years since he donated blood but they were happy to get it as it is not a common blood type. The sores on his legs were from friction blisters due to abuse of a back massage machine, when they broke open they would occasionally get infected, but cleared up OK.

Remember he urinates into a bottle, which he closes.