Sunday, May 12, 2019

I don't believe in luck

I mentioned I am trying to do my abs pretty much every day.  I have a "bread dough roll" of flab around my middle.  That will only melt with calorie control and cardio, but I want the muscles behind it to be firm.  I am not, in any way, looking for a 6-pack.  I just want to get healthy. 

It makes sense if I am training my back I need to train my abs.  Now, I have shorts I wear when I work out.  And a shirt.  I'll throw underwear in there, and socks, but no bra because it is MY HOUSE and no one will see me. 

I do my abs on the hallway floor, nice and flat, plenty of room to work.  But today I decided to do my abs while naked.  I laid down on the floor and did the first movement, and my back formed suction against the floor.  My lower back was like a huge suction cup, it took some effort to break the "seal".  Loud, embarrassing fart noises as I worked - my back forming and breaking suction on the floor.  I heard FART FART with every movement.  It was crazy. 

I will never do that naked, again.  I'm telling you! 

I did some various ab exercises, then took my shower.  I shaved my legs and washed my hair in addition to everything else.  It didn't take too long but the nice thing I didn't have a ticking clock on a pickup.  Even now, Chuck is not coming for a couple of hours. 

I got out, and got dressed in my "regular" clothes, put my shoes on.  I turned on my phone.  The fitness app wanted to "up my game" and increase my goals, I was OK with that.  I am more worried about cardio and that has been good so far, well over the goal even now.  My mother died of a heart attack, I don't forget that - and don't neglect my cardio when I am working out. 

I stuck my phone in one pocket and my stun gun in the other.  I set my fitness app for "taking a walk" and headed out the door.  Pretty uneventful except some kid's dog got away from him and came up behind me.  I didn't know how big, or how aggressive, but I heard it.  I stopped; the kid caught up with us and grabbed the dog, then left.  The rest of the walk was pretty uneventful. 

I have heard some drivers in the subdivision driving like maniacs, I can only figure they are angry at their mothers for bad parenting and resentful they have to be nice to her, today. 

I will call my stepmother and wish her a happy day, but that's about it.  The Bible says to honor parents - not like, not love, but honor (respect) them.   So I give respect. 

I am more a Daddy's girl - it was all about me and my Dad for years.  Good times.  He didn't know how to cook and always served me overcooked flank steak.  He had a battle of wills getting me to eat it but I did eat it eventually.  You'll eat anything when you get hungry enough.  So if nothing else, the cuisine improved when he married my stepmother. 

Ron woke up and is in the kitchen drinking vodka.  He plans to sleep all day and has asked me a couple times about my outing with Chuck today.  I keep telling him, leaving at 1.  He got it the last time. 

I will of course have my phone so Ron can call me if he wants.  I also plan to bring my stun gun because it can be a little iffy on the weekend.  I am just debating do I do laundry now and NOT wash last week's capris (which I am wearing), or do I wait until later? 

I think I will do it now.  I managed to part Ron from his pants with a promise to put the belt back in the loops when I return the clean pants.  He can't do that now. 

I am OK with his new limits, he is taking extraordinary measures not to "bite" about it.  I am not surprised he had a probable stroke, based on the way he abuses himself.  He is "lucky" it wasn't worse. 

But I don't believe in luck. 

2 comments:

Spankadoo said...

Have you called Rons primary care doctor to give him a heads up about what happened and how Ron has refused to accept any medical help except the pain doctor for scripts? I would just a “cover your ass” kind of thing. Tell them you know about the privacy act and do not want or need any info back (although I assume you have medical POA right? ) and you just want to inform his doctor and also know what do do about things at your end?
I worry about everything and even thought it is his body and his business he is making these calls with a lot of vodka in his system and a brain doesn’t function all that well when it is being poisoned.
I remember in biology they showed us studies of how alcohol poisoned every single cell in the human body in some form or another. I am so glad I do not drink, it was 50/50 chance I would have looked to booze to solve my problems . Thank goodness I do not like to feel the effects it makes me so bloody sick, too many calories and it is gross what it does to people . You are a very strong resilient woman who would be so much better off in a little house with your cats and a job where your boss thanked you, smiled and did not drink and spew venom .

I hope you get that some day . Much love your way

Anonymous said...

You certainly are a real sex kitten. MEOWWWWW.