Wednesday, May 1, 2019

Wednesday

My neighbors keep bashing the garbage company on the community message board.  I was impressed, they came, took everything away today, just like they always do. 

I didn't sleep well but I got up early at 6:50.  I suddenly realized I had not put out the garbage can.  I raced to do that and by the time I got in, I was awake.  I knew it was pointless to lie down again. 

I did a workout on the bike, 30 minute intervals (6 high effort, 2 medium effort, 2 low effort).  Then I worked out with the stretchy band for my shoulders.  I fed the cats of course, usual morning stuff.

I talked to Chuck, who will take me out to Academy Sports (I could get in big trouble there), my bank, and Walmart tomorrow after work.  He will of course get gas money.  I told him about Ron's hand. 

I took a shower.  When I got out Ron said he was feeling warm and wondered if he should turn on the A/C.  I said that was a great idea. 

See how that worked?  Instead of shrieking at him and putting his back up, I let it be his idea.  I knew he wouldn't last long.  I do know this man. 

He equivocated for a minute or two but agreed.  But he had trouble with the thermostat and asked me to set it.  I told him it was set at 80, was that good for him?  He said yes.  Then I flipped it from "Heat" to "Cool".  The compressor roared to life (praise God!) and the house began to cool. 

I decided to take a nap but Ron interrupted.  Could I set up the fan in the doorway so it would "blow cool air at the thermostat"?  I said yes and did that. 

I tried to sleep but #6 had her illegal daycare kids running around outside, then someone was doing construction.  That went on for hours. 

How do I know the kids are from her daycare?  All her kids are school age and I could tell they were toddlers.  I have also seen her loading and unloading them from her car, small kids clearly not family members.  Not to mention my neighborhood message board had a post once about "The lady on ___ drive who does daycare".  Our street does not have that many houses.  I have also seen parents dropping off and picking up the children.  They have a very bad tendency to block my driveway when doing so. 

So I was a little peeved.  I have to suffer because you want to make an extra couple bucks.  I should have known when they built that huge playroom off the back of their house.  I am still amazed they got away with it, with their insurance.  I am sure if they ever have a claim it will be denied, due to the illegal modifications they've made. 

Anyway, I got up.  Ron got a bottle of what looked like water, out of the fridge.  I told him it was water.  He smirked "No it's not" and took a big swig.  He had somehow gotten vodka into the small bottle, from the big one.  I guess he is getting better with his hand - manipulating it and all. 

I rolled my eyes.  He took a motion sickness pill for tomorrow and was about to take some Benadryl when I stopped him.  I took him back to bed. 

He is being pretty good about only having 1-2 shots and then going straight back to bed when he's finished.  He realizes it is very bad form to sit in the kitchen, drinking, until he falls and/or has a blackout. 

It was supposed to rain today.  It did not.  It is in fact, sunny.  Hopefully the forecast for "only" cloudy holds strong for tomorrow.  Ron already made the trip to go to work and home, I have my trip with Chuck for later. 

I even made lists for both.  I don't need much at Walmart but I need to pick up a prescription.  I want a Kettlebell at Academy.  I would love a microfiber towel,  good sized, for working out, and some headbands.  Nothing really stylish about a terrycloth headband but I hate getting sweat in my eyes. 

Ron and I are happy with the thermostat, it is coming on now and again but not much.  It is not overly warm or cold. 

Good.  Biscuit is snoring by my right foot with his paw over his eyes.  It is really cute, I just took a picture for my stepmother.  She likes picture messages of the cats. 

One good thing I can say about my family, they don't yell at me about the housekeeping.  The only thing my Dad ever said was "I see you don't have a lot of people over".  They understand I have a lot on my plate. 

One thing I am so happy about, out of this, is that Ron's leg still works and he can toilet himself.  Oh, either would have been horrible.  Trying to count my blessings. 

Now I am debating, I have some money in my account for emergencies.  I could spend some of it tonight online and pay it back tomorrow - or wait.  I will likely wait. 

But I am tempted to look for some nice big microfiber towels on Amazon. 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

If pissing in a bottle is your idea of him being able to go to the bathroom by himself then kudos to you. Maybe he can take a dump in a bottle too.

Spankadoo said...

Heather I saw a cart of kettle bells going by at the gym today , they look like a heck of a work out. Try to keep your E fund intact would be my advice but also a lot yourself a self help care budget you are buying fitness not vodka .

Anonymous is a complete wanker with those comments . Wow not one ounce of empathy or insight into what domestic abuse can do to a person.

Sad but the majority in most courts feel the same way .

Stockholm Syndrome is real .

Anonymous said...

Yeah pissing in a bottle is only “toileting himself” about 50%. Now you are emptying his piss bottles aka “urinals”. If he can make it to the bar aka kitchen he should be forbidden to piss in the bedroom and be required to use the bathroom. He forced you to flush every time, after all.

Also just a naive question - if he is blind how does he pour things without missing accurately? How does he “find” the urinals to empty and how does he aim at the toilet? A lot of times when you say “when I show Ron xyz or when Ron sees xyz” I’m like ... how? Does he still see some things , as in he is not completely blind?

Heather Knits said...

Totally blind.

He generally "feels" instead of sees. For instance, urine bottle. Is it full? He picks it up (with cap on) and sloshes it. He can tell how full from the slosh. The only thing he has ever asked me to do is put the bottles by the toilet for later emptying.

About pouring, he sticks a finger in the reeptacle, when the fluid touches his finger he stops.

I don't care about the urine, I really don't. I am just happy he is not having difficulty with stool. He can get there in time, get it out, and get it cleaned (wet wipe which goes in trash). Then he can get his pants back on by himself.

Not going to lie, the bedpan was not a good part of our marriage and glad that is behind us.

Heather Knits said...

I didn't get into savings, what I want to get right now fits into my budget. Savings, saving for vet visit in a few months, auto pay bills, etc.

Anonymous said...

You don't care that the man has bottles of urine all around his bedroom? Not to mention his inability to actually wash his hands after he takes a leak in said bottle. Plus the pure stench of urine that comes out of a person that drinks little to hardly any water. Maybe you have lived with it for so long you don't even notice the smell anymore. You have become nose blind to urine. Plus putting feces coated wet wipes in a trash can is infinitely even more gross. He can't use toilet paper and flush it? I think when he finally passes and you look back on ALL this you will understand the insanity we see when we read these things that you post.

Heather Knits said...

I use wet wipes too, it's the only thing that stopped my bladder infections. We have a can with a liner, I take it out every day or so.

A plumber told us not to flush the paper. So we don't. And on our last pipe inspection the pipes were perfect and needed no care.

The bottles have a cap, I don't see the issue.

I'm just writing my life, I'm not trying to upset anyone.