Wednesday, May 15, 2019

Spoonbread

I had a pretty good nap. 

Last night, Torbie did not get into bed with me.  I think she was upset by the technicians.  I didn't see her at first this morning, and I got worried maybe she was sick.  She is very old, after all. 

I will say it again: kick my butt if I mention getting another cat after Torbie goes.  It would upset the other 2. 

I asked Ron if he had seen her (yes, I use sight words with a blind man) and he said yes, he had given her treats.  She was waiting by her bowl by the time I got back to the kitchen.  I fed her. 

So she slept with me during my nap, lots of petting the way she likes it, rubbing her head against me, claws in the face, etc.  I went to sleep. 

I woke up in considerable pain.  I could not move my left leg and my bad knee (left) was yelling at me.  I also had a very nasty headache.  I realized Biscuit was sleeping behind me and on top of my leg, like a big furry spoon.  I have been calling him "Spoonbread" ever since. 

I got up.  The headache was bad enough I took some Excedrin, which I am pretty sure put me over my limit for the week.  I drank some electrolyte mix. 

Then I got dressed in my workout clothes.  I decided I would do a "heart rate" program on the bike instead of intervals, for half an hour.  Then I wouldn't have to worry about doing cardio tomorrow as I'd have already done it.  I am actually over my cardio for the week.  Anything else is a bonus, but I have done the minimum required to be healthy. 

I climbed on the bike and did the program, after checking with Ron to make sure he didn't need me.  He passed me and went into the kitchen for something (vodka?), then went back to bed after a few minutes.  I finished my workout and got on the computer. 

I have been debating between a couple of options for the garage, working out.  A treadmill is too expensive and most of them are rated for 220 and below.  I am "above" 220 so that's no good for me. 

Funny, most cardio things are rated for 250.  I am below 250. 

I am wanting a punching bag.  With my life I could really stand to beat on something now and then.  They have a freestanding bag.  One review said it was hard to assemble.  Other reviews said it wasn't sturdy.  A punching bag stand has good reviews on one site but not on the other.  Or I could just buy the bag alone and hang it in the garage?  Not sure what I want to do. 

I have found some "tile" I can use on the floor so I can do abs out in the garage, although Ron sounded positively sad when I told him that.  I guess he likes the idea of me doing abs in the hall.  I will probably do abs in the hall when the garage is hot, though. 

So I'm not sure what I'm doing, there.  I am doing pretty well with walking and the bike for my cardio right now.  I also have the step I can use when my foot's a little better.  I have had some great cardio workouts just going up and down off the step. 

They also had a rowing machine... that was...$90 to $150 for a basic model that WILL seat me.  One of them even folds up to make more room. 

I will probably just wait for a while even after I clear out the garage, get the tiles, use those, make another trip to the sporting goods store and take a look.  I don't want to just buy something... I can tell I am a little manic right now which means I want to SPEND.  But I only have so much money and want to invest it wisely. 

I guess they are not coming to take the equipment today.  But I will remain ready to do it, I will use my back brace because that sucker is pretty heavy.  The compressor part, at least.  The other parts are so easy even Ron could do it. 

I plan to have some lasagna for dinner when I get a little hungrier.  I don't like to eat until I am hungry, it is VERY easy to get into mindless munching (especially when manic). 

And my little spoonbread is lying by my foot.  He is just the cutest thing ever.  Hard to believe someone threw him out in the woods, harder still to believe someone else was kicking him in the head, when I saved him. 

No comments: