Sunday, May 12, 2019

The good treats

Chuck came at 1 and took me to Walmart.  I went straight for the pharmacy.  There were a couple of "old friends" and a new girl.  I was pretty sure she was the one who got confused when I called.  I hoped I wouldn't get her. 

Sure enough, I did.  Sure enough, she put my information into the computer, gave me a baffled look, and said "I don't have anything for you".  I lost my temper.  I told her, very calmly, I take the medication to prevent hallucinations and maybe you could check again?  She did.  Oh, there it was. 

AGH.  The airheads never last long at our pharmacy but the process until they quit/fired is painful for the patients.  I paid and stuck it in my fanny pack. 

I went hunting for the items on my list.  I didn't get much food aside from a gallon of milk and some yogurt.  I did buy another water fountain for the cats.  I want to make sure they keep selling them, and the cats love it so much I had better have a spare on hand. 

I even found "the good treats".  I got my tub mat (I had a little trouble washing my feet the other day, for some reason the floor was very slippery).  I looked at lamps but did not see one that I felt would work.  Not at a reasonable price. 

Ikea has a ton of lamps starting at $12.  I may very well go there. 

Chuck likes to pick the register with "the shortest line".  He doesn't realize the line is generally short because it has a less than stellar cashier.  That happened today.  She was very nervous and has this HORRIBLE habit (I have had her before) of putting 2-3 items in each of my HUGE reusable tote bags.  The bag is there to be stuffed full of merchandise.  So I asked (more politely than last time) her to hand me the items after she scanned them so I could bag them.  That worked, I got everything setup the way I wanted. 

We went home, I put my stuff away.  Ron had a horrible day for pain today, but was resting.  I didn't tell him I was home. 

I sat down and was watching TV with Biscuit in my lap when my phone rang with Ron's ringtone.  I checked it - sure enough, it was him.  I answered.  He asked where I was.  I told him I was in my chair with Biscuit (who had since run off).  He said he was hungry, I gave him some chips and a good serving of chicken nuggets with a side of BBQ sauce.  He liked it to much he asked for more.  I heated more up. 

I am always happy to feed him because he doesn't eat enough. 

I did some cleaning up by the front door, it looks a lot better.  I found one of my back braces for work.  I should probably wear it so I put it by the door to go to work tomorrow. 

I also found a milk crate.  The other vendors use an insane amount of milk crates for everything.  They will appreciate it.  With what we paid for milk all those years I don't feel guilty.  I think we even called them to come get the crates and they said no.  I gave some to a postal worker (who continues to pester the other vendor for "more" - he must be a major hoarder), kept a few for our stockroom (maybe a dozen), and brought a few home for storing work stuff.  As I clear out the home ones they will go back to work and the other vendor. 

Academy sports will deliver the freestanding punching bag, so I don't have to worry about getting it home.  I just have to worry about getting the base filled with water.  And find my gloves, or just say screw it and buy a new pair for $20.  That will give me some variety in my cardio.  I have the fitness step, the exercise bike, walking.  All lower body.  The punching bag will be upper and lower body and odds are very high Ron will pay for it if I tell him I'm getting it. 

As I've said, he loves the idea of me working out at home.  It is certainly easier than trying to get to the gym on public transit - you may remember I was seriously considering that a few years ago. 

So, once I get the vending parts cleared out I want to get the bag, get some flooring squares, and get some sort of lamp because I have one, 40 watt bulb, sitting in the ceiling.  That could stand to be improved, especially early in the morning when winter comes. 

I plan to get up EXTRA early tomorrow and do some interval training on the bike.  It will necessitate getting up very early but I would rather have the workout done with before work, take one shower cover my daily needs and the workout.  I need to dry the laundry I washed earlier but that is mostly done. 

I plan to attack Ron's room next and clean it, he has the tech coming out on Tuesday.  I have no idea what I'm doing for dinner.  None at all.  I may get some food delivered.  I don't feel like cooking. 

Happily I already did the litter boxes so I don't have to worry about that for a day.  The water fountains are good and I have been feeding the cats on request, all day. 

I just need to figure out feeding myself. 


2 comments:

Spankadoo said...

I am so excited for your bag !!! How fun will that be! Are you researching how to get started ? I be tthe books you have give you some great ideas as well as YouTube . I started on the rowing machine this last week and love the one we have at our gym, it has water inside of it so it is kind of relaxing to put music on and just row but today I am going to do some research before I hurt myself (I tend to go into things a little too heavy and you seem to have a good bit of thought in mind how to balance your work outs good for you Heather! )

Take good care if I do not get to read your posts again this month I will catch up when I get home and wonder if you will have that bag set up!
PS only because “I know” try to use mats when you are hopping around especially until you can afford a really good pair of shoes like Hoka, Brooks or Salomon ..with your foot problems you want as much padding as possible BUT not too much I know with yoga if you have too much padding it can screw with your balance .

Much love dear Heather stay strong and healthy

Spankadoo said...

PS I SPIT MY COFFEE over your naked in the hallway doing abs story! OMG that is hysterical I tried to do naked yoga one time but have issues with gravity and age and well that is all I am saying LOLOL huge hugs that made me laugh and smile good for you for enjoying your body now . You have this shit you are going to be “cut” and doughless in no time.