Monday, May 20, 2019

For once

For once, I started my Monday right.  I went to bed very early and Ron respected that.  So did the neighbors.  I slept OK considering (not great but I did sleep).  I got up at 3:30 AM and helped Ron.  He didn't need much, maybe 5 minutes.  It's not like Ron needs big blocks of help, outside of work, but he does need ongoing help through the day. 

Done with that, I drank a cold Diet Mountain Dew (one of my last) and got dressed in my baggy shorts and t-shirt.  I got on the exercise bike for 15 minutes to warm up for "leg day".  Weightlifters like to break up body parts into days, today I will work on my arms, today my legs, etc.  I have "leg day" "kettlebell day" and "everything else day".  I finished my workout and went out in the garage.  I saw a large insect, the door is not airtight so it happens.  It ran off when I turned on the light. 

I started out with squats.  Even though I had already done a warmup I did another warmup because squats are a full body workout.  I used a 5 pound kettlebell for the first set, then went up to 10 and used it for the other 2 sets. 

Then I did my other exercises, some stretching, and a little time on the ab ball to finish.  Total time, 37 minutes.  I put my clothes in the wash.  Well, I hung up the tshirt as it is sopping wet, it is very humid even if it isn't very warm yet.  It will reek if I just throw it in a pile of clothes. 

Speaking of reeking, I need a shower. 

No comments: