Friday, May 3, 2019

The rest of Friday

Ha!  I did it.  No nagging, just gentle prompting.  He prepared for it in bad spirits, but was OK once he got in the tub.  I left him alone until he asked for me, he was able to do most of it by himself.  I helped him with what he couldn't do, thinking how screwed he would be without a helper. 

I'm not saying he would be screwed without me, but he needs someone to help with stuff like that.  Too bad the guy who ran over him isn't available to help. 

Ron was able to clean about as much as he could before his hand issue occurred.  That was encouraging.  He also got in and out of the tub easily. 

I helped him wash, we used a plastic cup of water to rinse, he also submerged himself a few times.  His spirits got better the longer we went.  When we got his body washed we did his hair.  I accidentally got shampoo in his mouth when washing his beard.  He was very good-natured about it. 

I got him rinsed off, he drained the tub and got out without any issues.  I was worried about that.  He got in his wheelchair and I took him back to bed. 

I had changed all his bedding while he was in the tub, so it was all fresh.  Good.  We also agreed on a schedule for his bath, at a regular date every so often.  I will hold him to that. 

I also reminded him next time would be a lot easier because this time he had some buildup. 

He put on a clean pair of underwear and went straight for the vodka.  I couldn't blame him, it had been tiring.  I cleaned up my bedroom and got rid of some junk I don't need, put it in the garage.  Threw quite a bit out, including a huge box of buttons.  Why do I have hundreds of brightly colored buttons?  I can only say I must have been manic.  I haven't needed them in years.  I don't wear anything with buttons and neither does Ron.  So out it went. 

I put a very few things in the bathroom.  Cleaning up this area freed up access to a dresser drawer that had been blocked.  I opened it and found an assortment of mismatched socks (I am really close to bundling all those socks together and throwing them out). 

Ron just came by in his wheelchair and asked me what I was doing, I told him I was blogging about my mismatched socks and told him my plan to toss them.  He thought it was a good idea and offered to buy me new socks. 

I started out pretty depressed, even after my workout.  I didn't feel mentally ready for 30 minutes so I did 20.  I am already over my goal for the week anyway and figured 20 minutes was a healthy minimum.  I did that, felt better (still depressed, but not as bad).  Ron woke up, we talked. 

I took a nap with Biscuit, who laid on my foot.  He is adorable.  Torbie was also in the bed.  I told them I was spoiled because I had the best cats.  Baby Girl was, as it turned out, in my computer chair. 

When I got up I started sorting through my room until Ron woke up and agreed to take a bath.  I changed his bedding once he got in there and then went back to sorting/purging my room.  I got rid of a lot. 

I also, happily, found 3 headbands (for working out, terrycloth) in the drawer I couldn't access before.  It had a name on the package, too, so I was able to find them on Amazon (Unique).  All around win - so many of the headband reviews talked about them being tight, or weird in some way.  These I know are good.  So that's a big win. 

I helped Ron in his bath and got him to bed.  He didn't need any help after that.  He doesn't like to bug me if he can do it.  He knows I will help him if he is not able or in a hurry.  An instance, a while ago he said he had to (use the toilet) urgently.  I rushed him there, he appreciated it.  He could have got there himself but it would have been slower. 

I am done.  I gave him his bath, made the bed, even started a load of laundry (I found a bra in my sorting today, it looks very comfortable, but I wanted to wash it).  That should be done about now, let me go look. 

Yup, it's done.  My microfiber "car care" towel came out nicely fluffy, better than expected.  That will be really nice when I'm working out.  I get very sweaty faced when I'm working out, and a good towel and some headbands will help a lot. 

The rest of the stuff is in the dryer except for the delicates, which can be hung up later. 

I am pretty sure I am going to do spaghettios for dinner.  Ron said he wasn't hungry, and he has plenty of food in the fridge.  I did get him to eat earlier. 

Ron was very understanding when I told him, regarding the bath, he was doing it for me too.  That a medical person would judge me and be accusatory if presented with a "dirty" Ron, but we would both get better treatment if he went in "clean".  He understood.  He doesn't want to hurt me or get me in trouble, which is why he agreed to the schedule. 

I'm glad that's done.  He also "fixed" the prescription issue.  Apparently a new clerk put in our name wrong when I went in.  Now I just need to find out about the typing - can he use a computer? 

I am not up for finding that up today, unless Ron tries on his own and gives me good news.  I will be getting those books I mentioned earlier, once I eat and take my pills. 

No comments: