Friday, May 17, 2019

Friday Morning

I got up pretty much on time, got dressed, and decided to wait on my workout until after the boss had come by and got "her" parts.  I talked to Ron about some purple microfiber towels I was considering for the garage, one to spread over the bench and one to use to mop up.  His solution was to say he would buy it for me. 

It seems lately all I have to do is tell him I am considering a purchase and he gets it for me.  I wasn't expecting him to buy it and I won't "remind" him he "owes" me the money, either I would buy it or I wouldn't. 

I don't want to be one of those people spending other people's money but not my own.  So I went ahead and ordered them, they should be here tomorrow.  Around 9, I got up from my chair and saw her van in the driveway. 

I went out to meet her and put up the garage door.  I told her the part would definitely fit in the van and I had a cart.  I secured my back brace (not going to be stupid!  Dad asked me to wear it and it is an easy thing to do) and went in there.  Even the "small" box was heavy, full of electronics.  The second item was a vending machine food compressor.  It was awkward and fairly heavy.  We got it on the cart and rolled it to the vehicle. 

So glad I have this cart for times like this.  We had a little trouble but we got it in the van.  Off she went.  I spent a little time organizing the garage, shoving things closer together, sweeping, etc.  I definitely do not have room for a treadmill, so you can put your credit card away (grin).  I might have room for a freestanding punching bag but not sure about one on a stand. 

Anyway, it looked a lot better when I finished.  There are some personal items out in the garage, I took the tarp and covered them.  They are no one's business.  I stacked up the milk crates, the compressor had been sitting on them - off to the corner near the front, so I can either 1.  Take them to work one by one (Ron can hold one crate but no more, while I'm pushing him).  Or 2.  Have the other vendor's guy (a good friend) come by the house and pick them up.  I called #2 so we will see.  Worst case I will take in one each day we work and have it gone in a week or so. 

THEN I went in the house and did 10 minutes on the bike to warm up, checked on Ron (he needed something) and went to use the bathroom before going out to do weights.  I did abs on my ball (it is growing on me) and then got to work on the weights. 

I started with the hard, full-body movement - deadlifts, and worked from there.  This is NOT a fitness blog so I will just leave it at that.  I got the whole back and upper body in about 20 minutes. 

Then I went in the house.  I had a nice cold Powerade Zero I worked on during the exercise, nice to head over there.  A wasp got in the garage and buzzed the light, and at one point buzzed me.  That wasn't fun. 

But it didn't hurt me.  I went in the house and talked to Ron, he told me he had a surprise, he was taking me out to lunch in a few hours.  That was nice because he hates to go out. 

I took a shower.  I had to wash my hair and shave my legs.  It is getting easier to do, though, I must be peeling off some fat somewhere.  And my bra can close on a tighter setting.  This is multiple bras and not just one.  My weight is pretty much the same, and so is my waist, but I believe my body is starting to peel off some fat. 

That would be great to get smaller, even though it means new clothes.  Ron is lying in bed with Baby Girl, in a good mood considering.  It is nice. 

I am so happy the vending junk is GONE without me at risk of prosecution.  The State Of Texas takes their property very seriously.  I learned my lesson about that.  I am just glad I am walking out of this clean. 

Ron's alarm just went off so I need to help him go get ready. 

No comments: