Wednesday, March 20, 2019

Well, it was a mania. Was.

I slept OK, got up, found Ron in the kitchen drinking.  I fed Biscuit, then fed the girls.  I saw him pee today and it went very smoothly.  I like to keep an eye on him now. 

Which is why I will board him at a vet if I need to leave him for any length of time.  They are trained observers. 

So, Biscuit is doing great.  I am very proud of his progress.  He eats the Royal Canin Urinary S/O dry formula, and loves it.  It loves him, too. 

You have to be so careful with male cats and what they eat.  The wrong thing and there they are with a catheter in their poor shaved hindquarters.  Ron says he is done with male cats now (Biscuit is the third with this condition), and only wants females. 

The girls are doing well, too. 

I took a shower and did some cleaning up.  I heard the garbage truck come down the street but they didn't take my stuff.  Uh-oh.  I had a lot of stuff.  I decided to wait and see if they came back.  They did, and took everything.  Thank God. 

I put the can up by the house.  I took some cardboard waste and threw it out in the recycle, and there's my delivery. 

Now, in my email from Walmart, I was told the guy would be "John Smith".  I thought, huh, they used to have a guy at work by that name, a supervisor. 

Sure enough, he got out and "I know you from work!" I told him Ron was in the house.  We chatted a little and WHAM I could feel the depression drop on me like a brick.  UGH. 

I barely got everything in the house, and put away.  I started the beef stew.  But I was suddenly wiped out. 

And I had taken my pills, with a protein shake, about an hour previous.  My chemistry shifted - I get sudden on/off like that. 

I took a nap, woke up with a headache, but whacked it with a cold Diet Mountain Dew.  I did a little more cleaning, litter box for instance, helped Ron toss some stuff he didn't want, but I am just depressed.  I have energy, which is unusual - it is possible I could be "mixed" - which is up and down at the same time.  Probably the Mountain Dew, come to think of it. 

Ugh.  If this keeps up then Ron will get some real work out of me tomorrow.  But I'm looking at the time and wondering when I can go to bed.  That's sad. 

If I could, I'd take another nap. 

Maybe a snack will help. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Could it have been a blood sugar crash? Low carb with a constant blood sugar without the ups and downs works best for me.

Heather Knits said...

I get really irritable with low blood sugar. I still liked people so guessing my brain chemistry took a dump. Different parts of the brain light up (per MRI) when manic or depressed. I still think I am mixed because I have more energy than normal right now.