Friday, March 29, 2019

Running errands

So Chuck came and we went to the pet store.  I looked all over and found the "Veterinary" Royal Canin.  They had Biscuit's food, and even some treats for cats with urinary issues.  I put a bag of those in the cart. 

I couldn't find the regular formulas Royal Canin for cats.  It was very frustrating.  I hunted high and low, gave up, and started looking at other brands.  Then I found it. 

They only had a 4 foot shelf of RC standard cat foods.  I was surprised.  I had to find the formula.  I finally found the "indoor" 7+ years formula.  Not quite what I recalled but I figured it would work.  Baby Girl is 7 this year. 

I got the bag - almost had a heart attack at the price.  It was a lot more expensive than Chewy.  But I could try a 7 pound bag and see how BG liked it, then buy a huge bag from Chewy delivered, later.  Or have the vet order it, for that matter. 

I put it in the cart, then, I told Chuck, I wanted to look at food bowls so everyone has a different bowl.  Biscuit has a larger bowl with a rubber bottom.  Torbie has a modest stainless bowl.  I found a nice hot pink oval bowl, melamine, for $4.  That would work.  Into the cart. 

When I got the register they gave me a hard time about a "prescription card" for Biscuit's treats.  I said forget it.  I later told Chuck: Chewy will call the vet and verify Biscuit needs special treats, and then ship it to me in one day.  Why would I mess with a card?  And pay more?  But if I could have gotten them easily I would have. 

But really probably a bad idea to get Biscuit eating "treats" again.  I would rather feed him his special formula every time he gets hungry. 

I paid for the cat food and the bowl.  $40, and the bag was not that large.  We went out to the SUV and I put it in one of my tote bags.  We went to Walmart.  Walmart was pretty uneventful.  I found a different type of lancet to use on my blood sugar jabs.  I have had some difficulty, and I have 2 different styles at home.  The new ones are a disposable design.  Very cheap, 50 for $3.50.  I will see how they work for me.  If nothing else I can give it a change, lancet #1, new lancet, lancet #2.  I only test 2 times a day so that will be good. 

I also got something not on the list, some frozen turkey that is taco flavored.  I thought that sounded interesting.  I actually have used a fair amount of ground turkey in my past cooking, so I know I like it.  It was also incredibly affordable at $1.50 for a pound.  I got another chub of frozen ground beef as well. 

I didn't get much food because I had a lot already.  But I did get a fresh bag of spinach. 

I got filters for the water fountain for the cats.  If I'm not buying they might stop selling and that would be awful, the cats love this thing and I want them to have a great experience at it for a long time to come.  I didn't need any litter and I don't buy cat food there anymore (no, I get raped at the pet store), so I moved on to the socks.  I wanted boot socks, black, crew, cotton, women's 8-12.  I hunted all over and couldn't find them.  So I said screw it, Amazon will get my money instead. 

Then I went to go look at dumbbells.  I really liked the black and chrome ones, but they didn't have them in a 5 pound.  All they had were these "femme" pink ones.  I didn't have a choice, if I wanted 5# I had to get the pink.  I picked them up and did a few moves.  I couldn't see them.  I might as well get them.  Into the cart. 

I found a single #10 black and chrome, and, on a lower rack, found another.  They looked identical but were different manufacturers.  They were very nice and exactly what I wanted.  They were also about $10 each!  I had better not lose these! 

But my old tens were so bad they had rust and flakes of metal coming off.  So even if I found them tonight I would still use the new ones. 

Time to check out.  I found a relatively quiet lane and did that. 

She had a little trouble scanning one dumbbell and had to type it in by hand, but it was good.  We went to the bank and I did my deposit.  First of the month deposit is more fun because I get to keep more of it.  The 15th deposit I put a good chunk into savings and less disposable. 

We went home.  Chuck said he liked what I had done to the garage.  It is much more usable now.  He left and I went in the house.  Ron was drinking, but jovial.  He said Baby Girl had been begging for food.  I rushed to open her $$ new food and gave her a day's worth in her new bowl.  She began eating it immediately.  Good.  Glad she likes it.  She ate more about an hour later.  She looks really good eating out of her hot pink bowl.  For some reason, I see hot pink as a Baby Girl color, it suits her.  Torbie is more of a mauve or lilac personality, and Biscuit would be a turquoise. 

They won't wear collars but those are the colors I would pick for them. 

I brought the groceries in and put those away.  I put the blood sugar stuff next to the box where I keep my test supplies and notebook (I log everything).  I was happy what I bought did not fill up the fridge and freezer with stuff falling out.  I have a good inventory but not overwhelming. 

I got a reasonable amount of stuff.  I did not put the dumbells on the rack (I really have a nice setup, the one real indulgence I've ever taken) yet, I will do that tomorrow.  I left them about halfway back in the garage.  I have everything up to 20 pounds.  That should hold me for a good long while.  3, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, 12, 15, 20.  Funny how the lower end it's one pound increments, but as you get heavier it goes to 5 pound increments.  It is virtually impossible for a woman to "bulk up" without drugs, so I am not worried about getting beefy.  One, I will not be working out like that.  Two, I will be "clean" (no drugs).  But I do like paging through the muscle magazines how and then to get workout tips.  Not the women's ones, they are just not my speed. 

I did think about getting a kettlebell today but figured it would still be there in a couple months if I want to get one then.  Right now I will focus on "getting ripped" with what I have, which is a good amount. 

I am glad I finally cleared out almost everything around my gym equipment.  I do need to deflate my old fitness ball and get rid of it.  It is probably not safe anymore.  Maybe I will go after it with a kitchen knife. 

But everything's put away, I got everything I needed on the list, the cats have tons of food and water filters, lots of cat litter, plenty of fresh and frozen groceries.  I even got another case of the protein shakes I like.  I have some money in my account, can pay my bills, and have some spending money at hand. 

Not a bad day.  And Ron was pretty decent. 

No comments: